A fire hit a densely populated urban poor village in Cebu City on Thursday night and damaged at least 531 houses in five sub-villages and left 2,722 homeless.
Here's a video link from the fire;
Christmas won't be merry for 602 families in Barangay Duljo-Fatima whose houses were razed by what was considered the biggest fire that hit Cebu City this year, so far.
No one died but four people were injured, said Senior Fire Officer 1 Edwin Handayan. The four were identified as Rodrigo Fernandez, Meleton Adorna, Paulino Tudtud, and Jaqueline Ceniza.
Barangay Captain Elmer Abella said the barangay council has placed the entire barangay under a state of calamity. Six sitios were affected by the fire, namely Bohol, Sadoko, Riverside, Continental, Riverside, Chicago, and parts of Sitio Plastikan.
The city government is hoping to clear and re-block the area so that families can start rebuilding their houses before Christmas Eve. The city will give P10,000 financial aid to each family affected, for now, but Mayor Osmeña said he plans to eventually raise the amount to P20,000 for those whose houses was burned to the ground
The survivors are staying temporarily at the barangay sports complex and at 14 classrooms of the San Nicolas Elementary School.
So now lets help them out for at least from our smallest money in our pocket. Christmas is fast approaching, right? Let us spread and provide LOVE to each other!
Peace out XOXO