My friend, Logan, runs ESA dog shelter in Johor. He was featured in Malaysia Local paper and New paper as well.
Recently he took in 240 dogs from the local pound as he could not near to see them put down. The conditions at the pound were very bad and many dogs are sick. Dog fights were common as they were only fed bones.
Because of the recent intakes, his pack at shelter increased to 460. This greatly stretched his already sparse shelter. He needs help to improve the condition of his shelter.
Below is his wish list:-
1) To build a proper drainage as required by the local town
2) At the moment cooking is done in the open. Cannot continue any further unless a proper kitchen is built.
3) We are in a need of a big proper quarantine area very urgently as there are many new rescues especially from the pound.
4) A sick bay to isolate the ill ones and treat.
5) A holding place to keep the neutered ones separately for at least 3 days to recuperate before integrating back.
6) A store room to store the food, medicine, tools etc.
7) Most of the enclosure doors are giving way. Has got to be replaced with metal doors.
8) Enclosure fencing is flimsy. Need to strengthen some and replace many to withstand tough weather.
9) Some of the sheds were built on extremely low budget. Need to replace with better ones to keep the furries warm.
10) A small lorry is needed that could be used in that terrain to get the things needed for the shelter, to rescue animals and also to send to the vet.
11) Water supply is being shared with the landlord and nearby temple. There is a need to install a separate water supply. So many dogs and the washing takes up so much of time due to very slow water flow.
12. There is no electrical supply. The only source of light at night is from the goat shed..a single which is about 50m away which is barely enough.
13) Most importantly has to urgently get the entire perimeter fenced up and gated.
14) Mass vaccination of all the dogs in the shelter.
All the above has to be done using proper contractors and receipts.
I hope I can help him reach his target of SGD$25,000. Any amount is welcome. All donation will go direct to the shelter and be accounted for.
With the money raised, he can improve the shelter condition and also help more dogs.
Please make donation to
Bank : Development Bank of Singapore
Bank Code: 7171
Branch Code: 001
Account : 019-5-098815
Kindly message me when you have transferred.
Please feel free to message me if you have any query