My name is Eri Uemura, and I am a single mom living in Yokohama, Japan. My daughter is living with my mom in the Philippines, but will be moving to Japan on the 3rd of March to live with me.
I was recently rushed to the hospital for a ruptured fallopian tube and bleeding outside the uterus. I am now in the hospital recuperating, with my bills racking up. Japan does have a universal health care system, but it only covers 70%. I already spent my savings trying to stay afloat in 2020, so I don't know how I can pay the remaining 30%.
I work three jobs to make ends meet. I have been working as a delivery partner for Uber Eats and two teaching jobs. I work as an English instructor for one of my companies for over 5 years now, but under an "Itaku" contract. In Japan, this means we are contractual workers with no benefits. I have only worked one week in February and will not be able to work in March. I will start a new job in April, so I will have a steady paycheck from May.
So I am reaching out for help to recover and survive until my May paycheck. With my daughter flying in next week, I would like to keep a roof under her head and food in her stomach.