Calling all angels!
Hi! I'm Dawn Greenfield Ireland. I'm a prolific author of science fiction and adult shifter novels. I've also written several nonfiction books as well. I'm a Texan at heart and ready to move back to my homeland. However, before I can, I need to sell my house here in the boonies of Yankeeland. How would you like to read a great story and help me out at the same time?
Are you a fellow author? I'm also an eagle-eyed editor! For you, I have a tremendous deal as well, as you can see on the column on the right. Do you need help getting started with YOUR writing? I do coaching, too!
I am ready to leave these cold, New York winters behind and return to sunny Texas. What can I do for you in return for a donation to help me get back where I belong?
I've been trying to sell my house, but it's an older home that needs some repairs before it will pass inspection. When it does, it will increase the number of qualified buyers and help me sell it.
Please take a look at what I'm offering in return for your most generous donation and see which one appeals to you. Thank you so much for your consideration! I appreciate anything you can do to help.
~ ~ ~
I've tried to sell the house, but currently I can only sell to cash buyers or people who will use a conventional loan due to legal restrictions that FHA and USDA loans require. I made two short videos (I didn't know how to splice them together).
In order to sell my house to people who are going for an FHA, VA or USDA mortgage, the following repairs are required:
- The septic tank needs to be moved to the required 50-foot distance from the well.
- Someone built the deck using plywood on the floor. As a result, it is rotted and dangerous and FHA, VA and USDA will not approve it in its current condition.
- The deck stairs are very steep, and the treads are not deep enough.
- The entire deck needs to be torn down, and rebuilt.
- To cut down on the cost, I'm only going to have an 8 x 8 deck with the new stairs/railings built.
- 9 windows need to be replaced to meet the NY egress code.
- These are the downstairs windows -- the house is a split level.
- Power wash and paint the exterior of the house. While this is cosmetic, you will see in the second video that the paint is peeling.
To be competitive, the house needs to look great on the outside.
Please help me raise the money to make these required repairs so I can sell this house and get back home to Texas. $5, $10, or $20 will help. Also, please, please share the link to my campaign with your social media lists. Every little bit helps.
The house will be off the market for 2 weeks so it will come up again as a new listing. Hopefully, in that time I will have raised enough money to make the needed repairs. If you'd like to see the real estate listing, message me and I will email you the link.
We're closing in on another winter, so I have to raise money as quickly as possible to get all this exterior work completed before snowfall.
Please share this campaign on your social media. Please share with your mailing list. I need all the help I can get.