Brazil is popular in Football, but not in Baseball & Softball. Actually it is very rare sport here. Why?
The main cause of discouragement to the practice of Baseball & Softballl in Brazil is the high price of gears (gloves, balls, bats, helmets, catcher gears) and training equipments.
Other than uniforms and shoes, every product should be imported or purshased abroad. Importation fees are very high and makes every baseball gears and equipment too expensive.
Our Baseball & Softball team's name: "FLORIPA ICHIBAN".
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FloripaIchiban/
Address: Florianopolis city, Santa Catarina State, Brazil
Field: no Baseball & Softball field yet. We still use an abandoned football field
Players: approx. 80 (among Baseball and Softball players);
Current gears & equipments (approx): 28 Softball balls; 1 pitcher machine (acquired used from USA's school); 2 batting nets (donated by a player); 7 old gloves (donated); 8 old bats for softball (mostly donated); 2 old bats for baseball
Current fundraising method: Dinner for local people and personal donations; monthly fee of USD 10 each
- Purchase imported gears (Gloves* for the team, Balls*, Helmets*, Catcher gear*, & equipments (batting cages, indoor bullpen, batting tees, batting nets); * For both Adult and Children categories
- To cover field maintenance cost (grass cutting), water, light.
- To cover travel expenses (Local Championship, National League)
- To buy a set of new Uniform (for commemorative 15 years special edition)
- Baseball field (depending on outcome of fundraising)
WE really appreciate if you could help us to keep "alive" this wonderful sport in Brazil (Florianopolis city)
That's it, sorry for any eventual grammar error in English but I speak Portuguese.
OBRIGADO! (Thank you!)