- This campaign is run by retired army officers to help the needy children, old age persons and women.
- The vision of Save the Children is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development, and participation. Its mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Save the Children was started by Eglantyne Jebb in 1919 to bring aid to children in war-torn Europe. She wrote the first draft of the Declaration of the Rights of the Child. Save the Children is a global leader in newborn and child health in educating leaders about the needs of children who die of preventable diseases.
- As a global leader in newborn and child health, Save the Children has a unique and credible voice on children’s health issues. It is recognized in the technical and global health community for key research and policy work on newborn health and for advocacy on behalf of maternal, newborn, and child health. As a leading contributor to these fields, Save the Children is committed to placing child survival on the agenda of the United States by educating opinion leaders who can encourage greater emphasis and greater media attention given to this global tragedy.Protecting children is of high priority and a significant factor of Save the Children’s vision as an organization. Save the Children protects children from abuse, neglect, exploitation, and violence in all regions of the world (Save the Children). They’ve developed programs that concentrate on children that are at risk, aspiring for the security of all children. Some examples of the child protection program activities include creating child friendly spaces in emergencies, reunifying separated and unaccompanied children with their families in emergencies, developing public awareness campaigns against child trafficking, piloting training programs for social workers to provide supportive care to families and children, and advocating for more effective national protection policies and child welfare reform (Save the Children).
- Newly born babies suffering from malnutrition and diseases due to lack of money and better medical conditions.
- Our motive is to encourage more and more to join with our campaign and help the world to make it a better place.
- Education is another essential area of focus. Save the Children supports teachers, community volunteers, and parents alike by giving them the tools and training to positively impact children’s education. Educators also embrace concepts like Kids Helping Kids, by actively participating in fundraising. Events like bake sales, car washes, and walk-a-thons executed by children have shown how profound millennial giving can be.
In 1931, Mahatma Gandhi signed the Declaration of Geneva, which was the Declaration of the Rights of the Child written by Eglantyne Jebb. He, along with many other great leaders, supported children’s rights.
In 2010, Save the Children hosted a panel discussion and book signing for 100 donors, partners, and friends at the Ana Tzarev Art Gallery. Dr. Sanjay Gupta, Chief Medical Correspondent for CNN, moderated a panel which included Anne M. Mulcahy, Save the Children board chair and former chairman and CEO of Xerox; Dr. Abhay Bang, a neonatal expert from India; and Peter Singer, Professor of Bioethics at Princeton University and author of The Life You Can Save.
Former New Jersey Governor, Jon Corzine co-chairs the Newborn and Child Survival Campaign Council with Senator William Frist from Tennessee.
- Honourary Credits -
- Big Brothers Big Sisters is a national mentoring network organization with several local communities where adults mentor youth. Their mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.
- Child Find of America is a national not-for-profit organization that provides outstanding professional services designed to prevent and resolve child abduction and the family conflicts that can lead to abduction and abuse. Their overall vision is to help create a world in which every child thrives in a safe, healthy, and legal environment.
- Junior Achievement is a national organization dedicated to giving young people the knowledge and skills they need to own their economic success, plan for their futures, and make smart academic and economic choices. Junior Achievement's purpose is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy.
- Old agers are suffering from diseases and homelessness. Help them to find a new reason to live.
- 5 . Women facing discrimination in society on different grounds due to lack of their rights, education and freedom.