Hi, I'm Marija Udiljak,
an employed psychologist and Head of the foster care organisation “New future”, dedicated to taking care of children and young adults without adequate parental care for nearly 20 years. Our former users, even after growing up, still come back, at least to say hello to our social workers, their „aunties and uncles”, considering us as a part of their family, which is the greatest accomplishment we could imagine.
Organisation “New future" is a non-profit, non-government foster care organisation based in Zagreb, Croatia, dedicated to taking care of 25 children and young adults without adequate parental care. We are stationed in three family type units in a little town near Zagreb, Samobor, where our social workers take care of the kids and live with them as foster parents. Prevention of their departure into formal social care institutions, which often results in separation of siblings- is our top priority. Our vision is to provide these kids with safe home, happy and peaceful childhood and educational support, 24/7.
However, we're in possession of the only one official vehicle, which is almost as old as our organisation, and in irreparable condition. It's registration date will expire soon and our children will be left without safe mean of transportation.
Funds raised through local humanitarian actions and material donations from various corporations and individuals are a significant support to us throughout the year in everyday life functioning and running costs, still they're not even close enough to buy a new official vehicle for our children's daily needs.
With supporting this campaign you can help us change the situation and make a great difference for our kids.
With at least one fully functioning official vehicle our foster organisation would be able to:
- provide significantly higher safety standards during transportation
- enable daily timely transport of users to the necessary specialists examinations, treatments, trainings in other educational and health institutions
- increase the availability of members of the professional team (psychologist and social worker), as they would be able to help educators more quickly and efficiently take care of the users, as well pick up and transport users in emergency situations (educators must not leave the accommodation facility and other users)
- accelerate the procurement of basic necessities and facilitate their transport to accommodation units as social workers wouldn't have to carry grocery bags with the children from distanced markets
- enable more frequent, timely and safe escort of users to visit and / or stay at primary families and relatives living in different locations throughout the Republic Croatia
Thank you and best regards,
Head of organisation "New future"