We have rented a log cabin located in the Piedmont area, south of Chapel Hill, NC. The rental of the cabin includes a stage (detached from the cabin) and some RV parking. We believe the ambiance of the cabin as well as the surrounding land filled with rivers and creeks is ideal for a peace retreat this Halloween. However, in order to bring our vision to reality, we need your help. We can only assume you’re thinking Halloween is an odd time to have a peace retreat.
Well the world that we exist in makes it so easy to get lost. People get trapped behind the computer screen. Their family and friends draw conclusions from pictures and posts. Communication get lost in text messages. We are misunderstood. We think Halloween offers a perfect time for people to reflect on who they are becoming and using their creativity to come up with a costume that expresses their inner self or something they aspire to be or can relate to.
Throughout the trip there will be live music from DJs, live bands, and artists. There will also be activities and games such as live art, workshops yoga and more.
What we need for peace retreat:
- Permits & Licenses Fees
- Marketing material (print, ads, social media)
- Entertainment (bands, DJs)
- Audio and Visual Equipment
- Media: Photography and Film
- Food for 100 guests
- At least 2 Port-a-johns
- Shuttle Buses: Carpooling is a great way to help environment and it will make traveling to the Cabin safer for guests.
- Travel and Lodging: We live in Virginia and there will be times travel is needed for meetings, marketing and acquiring permits from local agencies.
- Staff: We will need to staff a security, event assistants.
- Web Development: We want to build a full functioning website that allows us to get more information out. Our objective is creating brand awareness. A platform increasing physical and mental and health. As well as actively and collectively spread positivity and love amongst friends and strangers.