Last night, Benji, Melissa, Jordan, Sam and Hannah lost everything they own in a fire, starting from their fireplace. Their entire house and everything in it was burned to the ground. They got out with the clothes on their backs and Benji's cell phone.
In the -20 degree weather, they watched from their neighbors house as firefighters tried and were unsuccessful in saving their belongings. They had two cars burned inside the garage, all of their clothes, food, the children's toys and their pet lizard. By the morning, everything they owned was destroyed.
They have renters insurance to cover $20,000 worth of their belongings but it's nowhere near what they need to start over with their 3 children. Any donation you can make will go towards clothing for the family to help keep warm in the cold Alaska winter, personal items, and to start over from scratch at a new home.
In January of 2016 Benji and Melissa packed up everything they owned and their children and moved to North Pole, Alaska. Deep in student loans from Dental school, they needed to find a place to start paying down on what they owed and Alaska was that place. They have loved every minute there. But now in their time of need are far away from any family members who are all back in Utah. I know they would greatly appreciate any help you can provide.