What do we want? To preserve the residential/agricultural nature of Green Township, to safeguard our natural resources, particularly our water, and ensure Green Township remains a treasured, desirable, safe place to live.
Why have we formed?
A for-profit company is requesting a zoning variance that would allow them to build a 40+ bed drug rehabilitation facility in the middle of an otherwise residential neighborhood with close proximity to the Pequest River and our school. The company will argue that this facility is "beneficial use" and will have no detrimental impact on our neighborhood. We disagree on many fronts.
- Beneficial use? Only if you are one of the fortunate few who can afford exorbitant monthly fees and do not rely on Medicare or Medicaid. The company has selected this property because it aligns to their "spa/resort"-style image used to justify their outrageous fees. This facility will not help Sussex County residents!
- No impact on our community? No one who bicycles, jogs or walks their dog on Pequest Rd. is going to be unaffected by the 24x7 traffic burden of tractor trailers and other delivery vehicles and the cars of 75+ workers and visitors. Impact will not be isolated to Pequest, as these vehicles will be traveling the county roads connected to Pequest.
- No impact on our resources? We have no police, the State Troopers in Augusta NJ are spread too thin, and our fire/EMS services are volunteer and already busy.
- No impact on our environment? Do you drink well water or fish in the Pequest? The prospect of lights, noise and a huge parking lot dumping into the Pequest River as well as the impact of 70+ people using aquifer water and a septic waste disposal should concern us all!
- What are we doing about it? We win by hiring legal counsel and experts who can counter the company's representation of the impact on our community and give the land use board information to justify denying the variance.
- Your donation to fight this WILL BE LESS than what it will cost in increased property taxes and decreased property values if we lose ! Your contributions on this site will fund the expenses to hire counsel EVERY DONATION HELPS AND SHOWS THE RESOLVE OF THOSE WHO CARE ABOUT GREEN TOWNSHIP!
Who are we? The Greenfield Action Committee, a not-for-profit 501c(4) organization, is being formed by concerned residents of Green Township, NJ.
Are your donations tax-deductible? No. While we are a non-profit 501c(4) formed for the public benefit, we do not qualify as a charitable organization.
Can you join? All residents and property owners of Green Township, Sussex County, NJ are eligible for membership in our committee We welcome all who want to partner with us in this cause. Just contact us via this website. ANYONE CAN DONATE!