Who we are:
Phuket Hotels Association is a nonprofit organisation that was formed in January 2016 and has since reached 74 hotel members as of December 2019 and growing.
The association now represents a membership profile of many of the island’s leading internationally branded and independent luxury and mid-scale hotels for a total of 13,500 rooms.
All of the hotel members has a strong commitment to the destination and through Phuket Hotels Association are active in investing in its future through key long-term environmental and educational programmes, which will provide the foundations for ongoing development and sustainable success, while also providing educational scholarships, environmental initiatives and other community-based activities to help develop the island’s human capital and ensure a bright future, both for the local tourism industry and the local community.
The association organises Phuket Hotels for Islands Sustaining Tourism (PHIST): Asia’s largest, most innovative, and most important movement to bring sustainability to the region’s hospitality and tourism industry with over 1,000 in attendance.
To-date the association through its fundraising efforts has 32 full-time hospitality and tourism scholars in our local institutions. Phuket Hotels Association also offers The Cornell General Managers Program scholarship annually and currently has extended to an additional two candidates.
- A Phuket Hotels Association driven community-based green initiative and Thai student centric activity learning facility focusing on delivering an Environment & Sustainability education program and hands on workshop
- Create an eco-friendly environment for sustainability experiences and workshop based around recycled plastic
- A green learning center/workshop curriculum catered for Thai students (age between 8 – 15 years old) as a first step
- Workshops are conducted in Thai language; up to 40 students in a class at a time, 2 -hour sessions
- Programs and workshops are offered to Thai students for free – no costs for participation.
- Courses are offered all year round
- Provide Education and Awareness Raising program of Sustainability & Environment to Thai students aged between 8 – 15 years old in Phuket. Our aim is to educate 5,000 Thai children a year (100 a week), residents and tourists with a Phuket focus.
- Provide hands on experience on sustainability learning center for Thai students and tourists – experience first-hand composting, water treatment, organic farming activities
- Grass roots educational facility to set benchmark for Phuket community action in sustainability
- Space – 100 sqm teaching space to conduct the workshops and classes. Hands on experience on composting, recycling, organic garden and waste-water treatment
- Teachers and facilitators – Two staff – one teacher and one teacher’s assistant
- Curriculum / program – Thai language, aimed at two-hour classes consisting of education session, plastic workshop and outdoor eco tour
- Fit-out of permanent classroom at the Blue Tree complex in Phuket including furniture, art workshop, and audio visual equipment
- Opening plan for May 2020
Green Planet Learning Hub
- Classroom activity learning and education center
- Experience first-hand eco activities
- Children friendly activities and workshops
- Information and curriculum delivered in Thai language
- Free entry and participation costs – applied to local Thai schools only
- Personalised eco-curriculum aimed at raising awareness and delivering education on sustainability and environment
Tel: +66 (0)76 325 348
Email: [email protected]
Our Office Address
9 Lagoon Road, Cherngtalay, Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand