US$225.00raised of $10,800.00 goal goal
God’s Mercy Ministries Uganda was started by Ssemugonja Mathias in 2011. What started out small has developed by the power of the holy spirit into a ministry encompassing a net work of a Bible school, children’s homes (orphanage), primary education, medical assistance, constant evangelistic out reaches, farming and much more.
In July 2010, the founder, SSEMUGONJA MATHIAS went through the agony of losing one of his parents and other relatives because of HIV / AIDS while he was still young, he felt God’s calling of doing his work and serving Him through this orphanage ministry whereby he could help other children who are motherless and fatherless.
He had been disturbed by the plight of many children in his community of Mityana Uganda. Who had been neglected or abandoned and had no one and nowhere to turn to for help. So he created a space in their home to share what we had with the orphaned children there in his community. He couldn’t bear to see children suffer after losing their parents but would accommodate and live with them. This is where he stepped out in faith to minister to the needs of the orphans, vulnerable children and families in his community. He had nothing but a small house where he started with (5) five orphans who had been abandoned by their guardian God have used him to bring a smile and new opportunities to hundreds of children in his community.
Since God’s Mercy Ministry Uganda started in 2011 to shelter and educates children, it has undergone huge transformation in all areas. It has increased the number of children it accommodates and made improvements in the school facilities as well as local initiatives designed to generate income and ensure a sustainable future for the ministry.
The goals of God’s Mercy Ministries Uganda were both immediate and long term. Immediately, SSEMUGONJA MATHIAS began to providing a home to children in need of a loving environment that could care for their individual needs. However, the laborious work would be in long term. Changing the stigma of orphans in Uganda, resettling street children with their families for adoption or in orphanages, and promoting the idea of foster care to the communities are things that God’s Mercy continues to work tirelessly to do. Thought the years, it has become the top priority to God’s Mercy Ministries to focus on equipping families who have children who are infected and affected with HIV / AIDS.
Today our community care program provides education, medical assistance, therapy and counseling to these families throughout our region.
God’s Mercy Ministries Uganda has grown into a robust ministry serving over 45 children living with HIV / AIDS through our residential, community and education programs. Our core values will continue to guide our programs as we work towards accomplishing our mission.
In Africa and Uganda in particular, we have a lot of challenges including standards of living, poverty, illiteracy, lack of career training, injustices, increased number of orphans due to HIV / AIDS spread in the county, other diseases such as malaria and typhoid, limited space, shortage of basic needs, poor education and so many others.
We also have programs for the orphans and community people to teach them to love God more and trust in Jesus Christ. We have Sunday school programs and Bible studies during the weekends, so that our children will be well versed in Biblical understanding. The biggest problems we face are feeding the children and the high rent fees for the accommodations for our orphans to have shelter.
God’s Mercy Ministries Uganda needs help in successfully addressing these challenges and simply cannot do this without donors. Donations can be one time gifts or monthly recurring gifts. A small portion of your donation covers the cost of fund transfers to the ministry and 100% of the transferred amount is used to meet the needs of the children in a variety of ways such as;
- Child sponsorship enables you as an individual to personally invent in the life of an orphaned or needy child in Africa by making a long term financial commitment of $ 50 per child and per month.
- A sponsored child will receive school fees, school uniforms and school supplies until they have completed their high school education.
- Sponsorship provides medical care for your sponsored child because children die of simple diseases such as malaria or HIV / AIDS every day, this basic health care save lives at a small cost. God’s Mercy also provides education to them about hygiene and basic health for their children.
- In some cases, God’s Mercy Ministry provides basic necessities such as clothing and shoes, blankets, food and some basic toiletries.
God’s Mercy Ministries Uganda kindly requests your help and donations so that we can continue moving forward smoothly with our ministry of helping the needy and orphans. We also welcome mission trips here at the orphanage ministry in Mityana Uganda.
- To teach the orphans about Jesus Christ and lead them to accept / recognize Him as their lord and savior.
- To provide health care to vulnerable orphans.
- To provide education to vulnerable orphans.
- To provide empowerment projects to people in need.
- To provide psycho- social counseling to orphans and victims of the war – especially those from the northern part of Uganda.
- To provide orphans with a safe hygienic and family – friendly environment for their physical and spiritual development.
- To create a loving and caring environment in which the orphan and abandoned children can feel loved and cared for.
- To provide free education to the children through local schools, free food on a daily basis, clothes, medical care and other needs.
- To reach out to all the poor and abandoned in our communities.
Our ultimate aim is to transform these children into responsible adults who can provide for themselves.
PROJECTS IN PROGRESS.
We need to be growing our own food!
We can start with small by raising chickens, but we believe in the importance of self sustainability or self sufficient. We need to be growing our own food and produce to feed the children and teaching them the important skills. With chickens, pigs, cows, projects whereby we want to be self sufficient.
We need to also build our own home whereby we can save the money we are paying for rent to do other needs for the children.
The mission of God’s Mercy Ministries Uganda is to value the dignity and worth of each person by improving the quality of life of children living with special needs in Uganda through three core programs: Residential care, community care outreach, and special education.
We exist to rise the next generation of African leaders by pursuing excellence in academic and moral values, so that each one becomes a responsible Christian and a productive citizen.
In Uganda (one of the local languages in Uganda) is LUGANDA. God’s Mercy Ministries is located in Mityana in a village called “Ssekanyonyi” where people died of HIV /AIDS in Mityana where most were found. By showing God’s grace to children in Uganda living with or infected and affected by HIV /AIDS, they will be celebrated and seen as fearfully and wonderfully made.
We believe in the worth and dignity of all human beings. We work a alongside caring and dedicated members of the local community to lead the way to end discrimination towards children and adults living with HIV / AIDS in Uganda.
We envision a Uganda where each child grows up in a loving situation despite his or her needs.
We badly dream of the day where differences are celebrated, no more children need to be institutionalized and all those living with or infected and affected with HIV are given the unconditional love and support they need. Today, we stand in the gap and come a alongside children to care for, to serve, to educate, to listen, to empower and to love.
We have been blessed to take care of many “street kids” and orphans and now many are thriving academically ………. performing well due to our support and spiritual guidance.
We are also finding that some of them are very good at preaching the Gospel.
In addition to the above, since we are very deep in village and so we are not able to reach many organizations. At the moment we have no organizations supporting our children here at the ministry but we have been managing to reach out to many brothers and sisters in Christ out there through social media to provide to the little ones but unfortunately they have always not always done the best they can to provide for the children.
We have been working with many brothers and sisters out there in countries like: - United states of America, Australia and Italy. They have tried to do their best to see that they provide for the children but unfortunately they can’t do more to always help the children. We have also tried to reach out to many organizations like Samariatan’s purse but they are always busy, so we have not yet got any reply from them. We have been empty promised.
OUR MAJOR PROBLEMS ARE:-
- La ck of enough food at the ministry where by the kids stay with empty stomach. Most of the times since we have no land to carry out farming, we just buy our own food and on a weekly basis, we spend $ 100 on food every week for 45 children.
- A problem of water, the kids move long distances looking for dirty, water and sometimes we fail to get any due a very long dry season. This dirty, water has caused many sicknesses to these children like, typhoid, malaria among others.
- We have no enough beds, mattress, blankets and mosquito nets. Some of the children sleep in a poor situation.
- A lack of land where we can carry out farming and constructing our own home so that other children can also bring in more children and also solve the problem of our rent whereby we pay $ 300 on rent for a month.
- Mathias Ssemugonja
- Campaign Owner
No updates for this campaign just yet