The mission of the Glenn Elsinore Mansion Fund is to preserve and restore the mansion as a historic landmark and to share the history and architectural legacy of the mansion for the benefit of the public.
The vision of the Glenn Elsinore Mansion Fund consists of purchase and renovation of the estate back it its original architecture.
- The purchase ofGlenn Elsinore which consists of main house, carriage house, formal gardens, formal green houses, and several other buildings. The gardens are to berefurbisheed and a large garden tent is to be installed. The gardens can be rented for weddings and parties throughout the year. "Glenn Elsinore" The Gardens of Mrs. R.M. Clark of Pomfret, CT and Architect Chas A. Platt.
- The second garden is for green houses where all natural herbs and vegetables can be grown and sold to businesses. We also want to have a small vineyard where the public could have wine tastings and learn how to make wine.
- There are four other buildings on the property that can be rented or used to house guests or staff.
- The carriage house is to be renovated and will also be used for parties and weddings. There is room for dancing as well as reception hall to serve food.
- The main house can also be used for receptions as well as for the guests to rent the rooms.
- The Japanese tea house is to be rebuilt and used for photography sets as well as a location for small weddings or luncheons.
- The goal is to make the estate self sufficient to take care of all its overhead and provide work for local residents, and keep its historic integrity. We need to raise the money from donations for the purchase and restoration of the property needed to make this a business that will keep the home and property historically correct.
This is truly a historic property that needs to be maintained for future generations to enjoy. To preserve and restore the character and details of the original house and to seamlessly blend the new and the old. The success of the restoration of the houseis contingent upon the ability to raise funds, receive grants and donations.