This campaign is created for the purpose to provide community services.
Children living in institutions are deprived of the right to grow up in a family. There are an estimated 64,000 children in Malaysia living in institutions because they are poor, disabled, mentally challenged or for other medical and social reasons. Many newborns continue to be abandoned.
This campaign is to help children be assimilated into families, get access to education, quality health care and the support and protection of their communities.
There are three facets to our work
- Deinstitutionalise children who are now in orphanages and reintegrate them with families and the community
- Provide social workers and counselling services to facilitate this reintegration
- Arrange for children who cannot be reintegrated with their families to be adopted
- Galvanise stakeholders to give children access to health, education and social care
- We plan to run a reproductive health awareness programme to help young people better understand the risks and consequences of premarital sex and to make informed choices
- We will equip staff and volunteers with the knowledge, skills and tools to build capacity in the areas of adoption, fostering and child care
- We would like to implement a tried and tested DI strategy to transform outdated institutional care systems into effective family and community-based care services.
Our mission is rooted in core values and principles. These fundamental values provide the purpose, perspective and motivation to transform lives and make a difference.
Everything is centered around the best interests of the child and well-being of those we serve
We value the dignity of human life and the Rights of the Child
Provide ethical and legal adoptions
Provide non-judgmental service to clients
Respect and serve all ethnic communities
Treat everyone with respect and strict confidentiality
Our adoption and baby hatch services will follow international best practice
- Teamwork/ collaboration
We believe in consultation and collaboration, volunteerism and using community assets to help that community
Teamwork is key to our success