Toilets of the Itunduru primary school which has been existing for over 35 years, and teaches to 1005 children, 546 boys and 459 girls, are in very bad and poor condition with unstable walls, without proper doors, and there is no access to water.
We want to invest in the health, empowerment and well-being of these students, unlock an untapped potential, create a ripple effect and yield multiple benefits for the individual, the families, the community and the nation.
GOAL OF THE CAMPAIGN
1. Construct 12 new toilets at Itunduru primary school
2. Drill one permanent water well at Itunduru primary school
3. Construct one hand washing station at Itunduru primary school.
These new facilities will be used also by the Secondary school and for the village of Itunduru itself and women will no longer go long distance fetching water being exposed to dangers like: being raped or being attacked by dangerous animals on their way during dry season.
In March 2020 FEid Tanzania, our institution signed a memorandum of understanding with other charities and the local government, that will be supporting youth-led charities and projects that provide practical solutions to local problems across Tabora.
With this memorandum of understanding we are expecting to construct good WASH facility in Itunduru public Primary School located in Itunduru village, Igunga district, Tabora Region in central Tanzania
SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
With this action we want to tackle local problems in an international perspective, so we decided to focus on different SDGs of AGENDA 2030
- SDG goal number 6. Clean Water and Sanitation: because it is a fundamental right
- SDG goal number 4: Quality education: because education empowers people for change in better If you want to find out more about us and our actions please check our WEBSITE: https:// www.feidtanzania.org
We will also create a special section with the updates about our WASH project in Itunduru once funded.
OUTCOMES OF YOUR DONATION
1. Due to availability of good latrines and hand washing station, more children especially girls will attend to school, that means it will improve their attendance hence they will be equipped with quality education as a result will lead to better performance in their nation examination.
2. It will save time for children instead of going long distance fetching water during dry season, water will be available around the school as the result they can concentrate more in their studies.
3. Girls will be in good position to overcome other challenges like early marriage. because most of them once they perform poor in national exams their parents tent to force them into early marriages.
4. Heath standard of most of kids will be improved due to availability of clean water, hand washing stations and quality education that will be provided by FEid Tanzania volunteers about hygiene through out the year.
5. Due to the availability of permanent water-well that will be constructed around the school , other population groups from the village like women will no longer go long distance fetching water and exposed to the bad incidence like being raped or attached by dangerous animals on their way to and from fetching water during dry season.
6. People will start concentrating more on other economic activities since they will be free from incidence such as diseases and use less time fetching water.
6. Community in general will benefit from the project from hygienic education, sanitation as well as it will be opening door to other charity to provide more services around the village and region