Me & my bestfriend are Egyptian high scholars in grade 11. We got accepted in Women2Women 2019 international conference.
Emerging female leaders will participate in this educational 10-day training program designed to provide them with enhanced leadership skills, while challenging them to develop and implement a collaborative civic engagement action plan in their communities.
W2W has 5 main goals:
1) Build bridges of mutual understanding, respect and trust.
2) Strengthen leadership skills.
3) Engage young women in the issues that define their lives.
4) Demonstrate the importance of civic engagement and volunteerism .
5) Establish a powerful network.
We have a great passion towards leading in our community as we always participate in extracurriculars and community services.
1) We are members of STEM Girlup club at our school, a club for empowering girls and familiarizing them with their rights.
2) Due to our passion about entrepreneurship and leadership, we created our 1st startup in STEM LaunchX club.
3) We organized several events and orientations in our school to encourage girls to express themselves well , seek to be unique so as to make a change in their communities.
4) Since we believe that contributing with our opinions can make a change, we joined the debate club at our school.
Attending Women2Women conference will leave a great impact on our personalities and provide us with enough experience to become effective leaders in our communities.
All we need is some financial help from you guys as we are unable to cover transportation costs to the conference, in addition to the program fees. The total program fees for us both is 3000 USD. The flight tickets will cost approximately 1600 USD. We need your help asap to be able to confirm our attendance in 2019 conference.
We hope our aim came home to whoever read this. We will appreciate your help too much as it shows us how kind hearted and generous you are; also, we are willing to help other people in the future -whether financially, emotionally or etc..- if we got the chance.
Thanks for your time.
For further information, you can find more details about the conference here: http://www.epwomen2women.org/
And who knows, you might be the next year's change maker!