We believe every girl, no matter who she is or where she comes from, has the capacity to make significant change in the world. Many of the young women in our communities struggle to see a future for themselves, we find that young girls are either in situations of domestic violence, gender based violence, or stuck in the cycle of poverty that makes it hard for them to go to school, and gain access to services and products they need. Through our “Girlsforchange” project, we aim to address the systemic and root causes of violence against women and girls in communities. This project works with young women to address sexual health, sexual and gender based violence and to provide support for young women that allows them not only to stay in school but to access the services and products they need to be able to live abundant lives and have a hope for the future. With your help we can reach and speak into the lives of so many more women and girls, and give them access to the services and opportunities they need in order to overcome their traumas and challenges.
- To navigate pathways for young women into careers
- Long term goal setting
- Sexual health and education
- Gender based violence awareness and prevention
- Healthy relationship talks
- Masterclasses : leadership and community change
- Inspire young girls to want sustainable, healthy, holistic lives
- Prepare to become active change makers within their sphere of influence
- Vision boarding
- Self-awareness, communication and goal setting
- Young women make vision boards
- By putting a vision board somewhere you can see it every day, you will prompt yourself to visualize your ideal life on a regular basis. And that’s important because visualization activates the creative powers of your subconscious mind and programs your brain to notice available resources that were always there but escaped your notice. Through the Law of Attraction, visualization also magnetizes and attracts to you the people, resources, and opportunities you need to achieve your goal.
- By connecting young women and girls with mentors in their intended field of study and career, they are able to receive guidance from an experienced person, advice, tutoring and the ability to walk a long term journey with someone who is a stable presence and is invested in seeing them succeed and speaking into their lives.
- Masterclasses are given to people by a specific/industry expert. We invite industry experts to come and give young women masterclasses on what it takes to be in their specific industry, as well as to motivate the young women and teach them skills in that industry. It is important for girls to get exposure to many different industries and skills, in order to make informed decisions about how they want to design their lives
- GOAL SETTING
- SMART goal setting for young ladies. Making sure they are thinking about their lives and their goals the smart way: