My name is Ryan and I am writing this on the behalf off my family in hopes you can assist us.
I Ryan (45) married to a lovely wife Heidi (45), Have 2 wonderful children Craig (son 19) and Marisha (Daughter 20).
Started my first job in 1991 glass and aluminium, very good salary had everything.
In 1994 I met my love of my life, got married in 1995. We got our first born in 1998 Marisha and our 2nd born in 2000 Craig.
Unfortunately, at that time, there where vary little schools where we stayed and there were no schools that can provide our kids with extra care. Marisha (diagnose with epilepsy 2006) and Craig (hearing problems). My wife decided to stop her work career and start with home schooling. Despite with all what was happening, we managed and worked out great for all of us.
Unfortunately, in 2016 after 26 years being a loyal employee, the glass & aluminium company closed down due to financial reasons. I was left with nothing but a property and a Hundi i10. Realising that I was unemployed and falling behind property repayments with ABSA, I had to take action: I then advertise our property in most advertising papers.
2016 November I was approached by an individual by the name of William, he made us a good offer for our property, this was great offer as this will help us to buy a smaller house and will assist me in getting my own small business started (Glass & Aluminium). We were hoping to get the documents signed before December 2016 as I was taking a lot of pressure from ABSA. Unfortunately, in 2016 mid-December I received a summons from ABSA: (As stated to ABSA that we are in process in selling and waiting on the OTP to be signed), ABSA still went ahead with the judgement, this judgement was implemented end of December 2016 and was affecting me and my wife credit record. At that time ABSA then insisted that we go ahead with the help you sell from ABSA. But in all hope, 2017 February I got the Offer to Pursues signed by William, I then gave ABSA the OTP so they can put all actions on hold and not continue with the help you sell. As to the buyer William, delaying everything with supplying the documents to our attorney, in May William manage to supply all documents, I was then granted in May 2017 a bridging loan from my attorney, this was needed to settle the rates & taxes and to get a place to stay until the deeds have registered the property to William, this was an agreement that we had with William and our attorney for renovations, William was happy to pay the occupation rent.
Knowing we have a good deal and is in good hands with our attorney, we moved out June 2017 and got a temporally rental house in Centurion, this is where we have not realised that out real nightmare was going to start. August 2017 I was notified by our attorney that this deal was not going to happen, as William was trying to deal directly with ABSA in buying the property, unfortunately this is a big black cloud. William was so brilliant that he manipulated the attorney so our attorney can give us the bridging loan, unfortunately this is also another black cloud that we can’t get answers.
At that stage we had no money no income, and were 100% sure everything was OK, my wife family was helping us as they where sure we going to pay the money back to them. Unfortunately I was right back at the beginning knowing that ABSA is going to take our property and sell it this to cover the bond, in September 2017 this before giving up hope, I was contacted by a Indian church that made an offer to buy our property, this offer was a lot lower, but knowing I had no option we went ahead with the deal, deal was done and signed. All det was settled in October 2017:(Bond, bridging loan, lot of other accounts and family), leaving us with nothing. But at least knowing that ABSA has been settled and judgement was removed…. Perfect start over
In 2018 February I was notified by ABSA that there was a shortfall of this over R30000, I have stated to ABSA that I do not have the money, ABSA told me if this is not settled, we cannot remove the judgement. At this stage I am paying this off per month R200.
Also note: From 2017 me and my wife was in process looking for jobs, we even approached a church, if they can assist us with food and petrol money until we can find a job. In 2018 April my wife got a half day job, unfortunately for me having only glass & aluminium experience, finding a job was not so easy. But in June 2018 I got my job, this job is for sales only and work on commission bases only, having no sales expressions I forced myself to start selling with no excuses. At that time May 2018 this after my wife started working, we had to find a cheaper place to stay, we moved out end-May 2018. With all of this, my children cannot not finish school. Even with the home schooling they still need to pay a lot of money that we this don’t have, we are now fully responsible for them and there is this no light or hope to help them, for them it is almost impossible for them to find a job.
Our Car Issue:
Me being on the road most of the time with our Hundi i10, in May 2019 on my way to a client without warning the water pump broke, the engine ceased I was then stuck on the highway. My wife manages to arrange a pickup for me and the car to be taken to Car Services. I was then notified the next day by car services that it is going to cost us over R43000 to have the engine replaced. At that time, it was impossible to even pay this R500. I was forced to sell the car for scrap and hoping we can use the money to pay a deposit on a 2nd car.
I immediately put the car on OLX, was contacted by a buyer the next day and was made an offer for R20000, I accepted and money was paid, that same day me and my wife spend the whole day trying to finance a car, having the judgement, was impossible for any success in funding a vehicle with any banks. Being off work for more than 1 weeks with no income and my wife taking unpaid leave, I was left with no option but to rent a car, taking their cheapest option this works out roughly R7000 per month. The R20000 for selling the Hundi i10 had the funding for 3 months with AVIS.
My wife was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis / Crohn’s disease in 2010. Having stomach pains and diarrhoea all the time. And the stress is not helping. She found a clinical trial that can help her, but with no car, she can’t join the clinical trial.
We are at this stage that we have to return the car and knowing we cannot get it back as we have nothing left, also knowing that I will not be able to see clients, and my wife will not be able to return to work. We have tried all option and asked family to help but it seems that family is at risk on losing their jobs and cannot assist us with any finance.