Get Leveled Up was founded in April 2014 by AJ Tatum, as I want to share my personal life experiences and why it’s important to constantly seek to improve, or level up, your life while having fun at the same time.
While growing up, I struggled with weight, depression, anxiety, and had trouble coming to terms with being gay. For most of my 20s, I battled many drug addictions and overcoming them meant that my addiction was just redirected to food. My breaking point was when I became exhausted doing everyday activities like getting in and out of a car. My peak weight was 333lbs on June 17, 2013, which had my BMI at 52.1. Over the course of less than a year, I learned how to level up my life, confront my inner demons, and start a massive healing process. I took action into my own hands by doing my own research and then self experimentation and quantification. I learned to listen to my body, control stress, and take control of my own life. Click here if you’re interested in learning more about my journey.
So, what do I want to do through Get Leveled Up?
- I want to share my knowledge that I’ve learned through my journey of drug & food addictions, health & nutrition, fitness, and all the little life hacks I’ve found on the way
- I want to encourage people to “level up” their lives, take control, and establish a new normal
- I want to advocate for more play in everyday life
- I want to show people how self experimentation and quantification can help improve their lives
- I want to advocate for exercise parks or “fitness zones” in cities that would allow anyone to become healthier without a gym membership
- Through speaking engagements
- By working with community organizations
- By creating community events that encourage people to get out, move, and play
- By participating in competitive sports, such as triathlons
What will your donation go toward?
- Your donation will allow me to go to community organizations and offer my knowledge
- It will help me obtain supplies and materials for events
- Lastly, it will help me pay for training and classes to obtain certifications