Fusion Africa Business Club is a non-profit organisation focused on driving skills development and entrepreneurship to combat social ills and revitalize youth participation in South Africa’s economy. Our strategy involves going back to our roots to awaken our once strong and successful township economies. Our VTSD (Villages, Townships and Small Dorpies) stance is aligned to the overall National Development Plan of South Africa that seeks to revitalize township economies to boost job creation and skills development.
The organisation’s main objective is to actively promote and advance small business development through mentorship, entrepreneurship skills training and development, the setting up of a platform for networking amongst its members, and the provision of essential business services for entrepreneurs to flourish and create much needed employment opportunities, with a specific focus on empowering the following beneficiary groups:
- Unemployed youth who have no prospect of success as a result of having dropped out of school;
- Unemployed youth with matric but with insufficient skills sets to be employable across the wider job market;
- High school and primary school pupils who have no access to basic computer training.
The quest to align our organizational goals and objectives with the overall needs of the youth of our poor communities resulted in the setting up of our flagship project called Kasi Franchise, which seeks to act as a catalyst for social change through the collaboration of various organs of state, private business, CSI funders and registered training providers to alleviate youth unemployment and its related social ills through Social Franchising.
The overall strategy and objectives of Kasi Franchise are outlined below, with a target of setting up 100 centres in each of South Africa’s nine provinces and directly changing the lives of a minimum of 1000 beneficiaries per centre over the next five years. This is a total of 900 000 beneficiaries and as much as it is a mammoth task, we are more than capable to realise this vision.
- Setting up a total of 900 mobile business centres using converted shipping containers comprised of a butchery/shisanyama, computer centre, eco-friendly mobile car wash by 2022;
- Providing skills training for 13 500 unemployed and disadvantaged youth with the purpose of enabling them to obtain direct employment with the Kasi Franchise network of business centres set up;
- Promoting the advancement of small business development and entrepreneurship across villages, town and small dorpies to ensure the replication of our business model a thousand times over to boost the revitalization of the township economy.
Although Fusion Africa Business Club was officially registered as a non-profit organisation in early 2017, it is comprised of a team of highly experienced and qualified individuals who bring with a wealth of expertise spanning well over 30 years in total across various industries such as Banking, Finance, Business Management, Entrepreneurship, Mining, Information Technology, Public Safety, Renewable Energy and Public Service Administration.