Help us to create proper conditions of education for poor children in South India!
We are volunteers working with the children at Mary's school, Tindivanam, Tamil Nadu, India. We have come here from Italy to share our culture and to show the poor children, that will never be able to travel to other countries, a different reality. We have been here for a long time now and we have learned to love the students and to respect and contribute to the amazing job this school is doing with and for them. The school is run by a lovely Christian family which dedicates its entire life and love to the children.
Mary’s Matriculation Higher Secondary School imparts education to the poor children in the rural areas of South India. The Private School is a non-profit organization. It offers free education to many of the underprivileged rural children, with a special focus on girls. Therefore it is in urgent need of funds.
-Houses where the children live in the village-
The current project is to provide the school with proper furniture. The classrooms at Mary's School are furnished simply with wooden benches and tables. In good condition these furnishings serve their purpose, but many have fallen into disrepair from daily use and the wear-and-tear of children. Moreover the current amount of benches and desks does not suit the children' number: in most of the cases 7 or 8 of them have to sit on a benche designed for 4 or 5 children.
-Lecture in the classroom-
As you can clearly see in the picture, the current condition of the furniture do not allow the students to follow easily and confortably the lesson, as they deserve to.
We hope you will join us in this amazing project, as by being here we understood that there is no other organization that you can trust more than Mary's school!
OVERVIEW OF THE PROJECT
What do we need?
The school needs 100 Benches and 100 Desks (1 Desk and 1 Bench forms a set) for students of classes VI –XII. This will help almost 300 students to sit comfortably (3 students in one Bench and Desk).
How much would we spend?
- Cost of 100 desks = 10 505$; cost of 1 desk = 105,05 $
- Cost of 100 benches = 8 375 $; cost of 1 bench = 83,75 $
Overall around 18 880 $ (if you are interested in more detailed cost estimate contact us)
STEP BY STEP
Considering that each class is formed by almost 36 students, that means 12 desks and benches, we will start to fund from the younger on.
- If we get 2 265,6 $ we will fund Class VI
- With 4 531,2 $ we will also fund Class VII
- With 6 796,8 $ we will also fund Class VIII
- With 9 062,4 $ we will also fund Class VIII
- With 11 328 $ we will also fund Class IX
- With 13 593, 6 $ we will also fund Class X
- With 15 859,2 $ we will also fund Class XI
- With 18 124,8 $ we will also fund Class XII
- If we get 18 880$ we will fund properly each class, considering that the number of students per year could change a little, so we could fund 100 benches and 100 desks.
For more informations please don't hesitate to contact us: [email protected]
Alessandra and Federica.