Funding for Papa Bert's hospitalization expenses. He was admitted to the
hospital on December 12 after an incidence of stroke. He is now in ICU for
close monitoring as his test results have not been favorable. No definite word
from the doctor yet on how his condition will progress. Any amount you could
extend to the family will go a long way. Thank you for your support.
A blessed new year to us all! Thanking God that He allowed Papa to spend the New Year’s Eve with us.
Papa was released from the hospital last Dec. 31, 2015 but continues to be supported by oxygen and on NGT feeding. His phlegm is still being suctioned and Papa is still being nebulized, once in a while. He will also be undergoing physical and oral therapy to help him recover his swallowing, speech and mobility to allow him to have a better quality of life.
Thanking everyone for the financial support you've extended that helped us finance a part of Papa's hospital bill.
Also, the family is very grateful for your prayers. It really helped us a lot in this time of need and trial. Your overflowing love and support has strengthened the family and has allowed us to continuously fight against this circumstance.
However, the family is continuously asking for your help in praying for the following:
1. Papa's full and fast recovery. Doctors are saying that the possibilities are two-faced - either he regains his functionality or not. However, the family is firmly believing that with your continuous help and support (in whatever form), Papa will fully regain his strength and good health.
2. Favor from government agencies (PCSO and DSW) for financial support as the family still has to settle a part of Papa's hospital bill. Asking your help in praying that we get support from these agencies to help us finance the remaining amount.
3. Provision for Papa's continuous medication and other medical supplies needed. Thanking everyone for your donations has not only helped us settle a part of the hospital bill but also allowed us to purchase some of Papa's needed medical supplies (ie. suction machine, medicines, etc.). Grateful also to friends and families who lent us the oxygen tank and nebulizer. Asking anyone, though, who can lend us a reclinable bed (like those in hospitals) as Papa needs to be elevated all the time specially when being fed. Currently, the family is using a number of pillows as a support when elevating Papa so he could undergo proper feeding.
4. Patience and emotional strength for the family as caring for a sick person can really be emotionally draining and stressful. Asking your help in praying that we develop patience and understanding for Papa's condition and that we may learn how to handle all the stress that comes along with this situation.
5. Good health for the attending family and relatives as this can also be physically draining.
Thanking everyone in advance for including us in your daily prayers. May God bless you in enormous ways!
Happy New Year to us all!
"Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven." - Matthew 18:19
Belated Merry Christmas to all! Indeed it has been a great gift for the family to finally have Papa out of the portable ventilator and be now just supported by oxygen. Doctors say that he is showing consistent progress and that their goal right now is to progress his rehabilitation to allow him to at least sit on his own and be out of the hospital before the new year.
Asking everyone to still continuously pray for the following:
1. Papa's full and fast recovery. Full recovery might be a little ambitious but we're believing that nothing is impossible with God and our continuous prayers.
2. For Papa to continuously find his motivation to fight against his illness and that he will fully cooperate with the treatment and rehabilitation being given to him.
3. God's provisions for his medical and hospital expenses. Please help us in praying for favors from government agencies such as DSWD and PCSO to support Papa's hospital bill.
4. Good health for the family and relatives, who continuously look after Papa in the hospital, despite sleepless nights.
5. Strength and comfort for the whole family in this very hard time.
6. Guidance for the health care professionals who look after Papa so they may give him the best and right treatment that he needs.
Thanking everyone for the continuous support and love that you are extending to the family. Praying that God blesses you in ways more than your thoughts can ever imagine.
Thanking everyone for your prayers! Papa was released from the ICU just this Monday, Dec. 21, 2015, but remains to be in a portable ventilator. He still experiences difficulty in breathing thus his respiratory rate is still being monitored. Doctors say that he would need more time to recover as his lungs are still weak and has not fully recovered from pneumonia (which he acquired after the stroke) thus we might stay in the hospital for a little while (hoping that we do not spend the new year there).
Asking everyone to please continuously pray for the following:
1. Full and fast recovery - May he be completely healed from Pneumonia and that his lungs will fully recuperate.
2. Financial provisions for his hospital and medical expenses.
3. Strength for family, friends and relatives who lend their time to look after Papa in the hospital during this time. Please pray for good health even if they are exposed to sleepless nights.
4. Guidance for Papa's doctors so that they may give him the right treatment.
Again, thanking all of you for your love and support. May God bless you and your family!
Thanking everyone who has been constantly asking for updates regarding Papa Bert's condition. Papa is still currently in the ICU though a positive progress is seen from him. Currently, doctors have extubated him to see if he can now breathe on his own without the help of the ventilator. Asking for your prayers that Papa may respond positively to this. The process, though, may need 2 more days of observation to ensure that Papa Bert will not have any complication as a result of the extubation. Hopefully he will be released from the ICU after this. Please also pray for his hemoglobin level to normalize so as to prevent blood transfusion.
Again, thanking all of you for your support and prayers.
Papa is still in ICU. He is more responsive now and undergoing therapy to help with his circulation. Doctors will try to adjust the ventilator to 50% so they can know if he can slowly breathe on his own. Hopefully by Friday he can be taken out of the ICU.
A blessed new year to us all! Thanking God that He allowed Papa to spend the New Year’s Eve with us. Papa was released from the hospital last Dec. 31, 2015 but continues to be supported by oxygen and on NGT feeding. His phlegm is still being suction…
Belated Merry Christmas to all! Indeed it has been a great gift for the family to finally have Papa out of the portable ventilator and be now just supported by oxygen. Doctors say that he is showing consistent progress and that their goal right now i…