Fundraising for Journey to Harvard University's International Conference all the way from the Middle East
I always have a dream of wanting to understand the world more in a genuine way and give back to the society with what I have learnt. This knowledge that I am seeking for is not just limited to intellectual growth and practical skills. I am a passionate deep-traveller and an intern currently working in the world's second largest refugee camp (under my government's funding) in the Middle East - Zaatari camp in Jordan. But I do not want my journey to just end here.
With this year having a record-breaking number of applicants from all over the world for the renown HPAIR conference, I am really thrilled to be selected as one of the 350 delegates to participate in this conference and aim higher for my ambitions. However, I am facing a tight budget issue - a return flight ticket to the US costs $788 USD as of current price and the conference early bird ticket price is $350. In total, the costs would be 1,138 USD (882 GBP).
Harvard College Project for Asian and International Relations
HPAIR is a four-day 'forum of exchange for students and young professionals to discuss and learn about the most important economic, political, and social issues facing the Asia-Pacific region' (https://hpair.org/about-us). The conference features world-class speakers and guests to foster mentorship, networking, and guidance opportunities for delegates, including Harvard ted-talk called HPAIRx and presenting resolutions for global issues in impact challenges.
The conference consists of 6 main tracks:
- Arts, Media and Culture
- Energy and Environmental Sustainability
- Global Markets and Economy
- Governance and Geopolitics
- Science and Technology
- Social Policy and Justice
What can I gain from the conference and How will I give back?
- Intellectual growth, practical skillset, networking with leaders of tomorrow and in-depth knowledge on the field of geopolitics and governance (the panel that I have applied for)
- Broaden my international horizon
- Share my experience in Zaatari camp and deep travelling
- Probably one step closer to starting an education platform business idea I have in mind
- Aiming towards my future career ambitions related to international affairs and policy research - I genuinely hope I can make the world progress for the better through this channel
Feel free to check out my IG blog if you are interested in my experiences: @mount_eudaimonia
Thank you and I really appreciate it! I mean it!