US$1,265.00raised of $3,000.00 goal goal
The campaign owner has stopped the page from accepting further donations. Please contact them if you'd still like to donate
This theater festival has existed since 2004 as a private initiative by director José Emilio Rovelo. Since then, the collaboration of Teatro Clavo Film and the involvement of many Educational Institutions and Basic Education Centers on the island has produced it.
Throughout the festival, different subject matters have been touched upon, ranging from environmental issues, health, violence, and the disintegration of the family nucleus, among others.The pandemic forced us to suspend the festival between 2020 and 2021. We did a very successful 2022 round. For 2023 we start training and orientation in April and May and present plays in June and July for the Festival.
Celebrate a Student Theater Festival to create a space of recreation that is healthy and free of violence, that instills creativity and critical thinking in our youth, and the enjoyment of parents and the general population.
The age group of kids in the festival ranges from 10 to 18 yrs old.
• Create and cement student theater groups in Roatan
• Create, through theater, a healthy environment of recreation where our Young people can express their ideas, feelings and perceptions of current reality
• Bring proper training for teachers and students of the island in the art of theater
• Promote the practice and enjoyment of dramatic arts in Roatan
• Promote critical thinking in our youth through theater expression
• Strengthen the arts and theater education in the Education Centers of the island.
The budget currently needed for the festival is broken down in the photo section. The objective is 2,400 usd. If we can get over that, we could buy a set of head-worn microphones and a bigger set of speakers (currently Emilio only has one small one) for the events so all the students can hear the student actors on stage. Remember that GoGetFunding charges 7%, Paypal charges another chunk into fees when Emilio attempts to transfer that money to his Honduran bank account. We end up loosing around 15%.
- Franco Garuti
- Engagement Officer
No updates for this campaign just yet