Americans deserve honest government that gets things done. The American Party® is being expressly organized as a modern party that will enable the U.S. to prevail in the 21st C. and beyond in a competitive and turbulent world while striving to keep the best of traditional America. The Republican and Democratic parties are the equivalent of slide rules in a digital age, which explains why all of our major issues go unresolved. Every day our National and State debts grow larger while the average American family loses ground. Consider that the two parties have failed to resolve each of the following national issues:
- Extreme income inequality of such magnitude that it now impedes consumer spending and GDP growth.
- Exploding National Debt that will reach $26T by 2022. Interest on the National Debt will pass $634B by 2022 and by 2048 will become the single largest item in the Federal budget. Each State in the Union has debt in the billions of dollars.
- Fragmented and increasingly expensive health care insurance with consumer costs varying wildly by State and income level.
- A planet on track to warm more than 3.6 degrees Fahrenheit (2 degrees C) by the end of this century. This will cause more coastal flooding, heat waves, destructive hurricanes, wildfires and droughts. The Trump Administration may have ensured warming in excess of 3.6 degrees F. this century by announcing its planned withdrawal from the Paris Agreement in 2020.
- A highly inefficient and wasteful healthcare system. U.S. spending on health care, including drugs, is about twice that of other high-income nations. However, Americans have the highest obesity rate and lowest health-adjusted life expectancy, or the average length of time a person lives in good health, among other developed countries.
- Spending on the major Federal healthcare programs will rise from 5.5% of GDP in 2017 to 6.9% of GDP in 2027 — and then continue climbing to 9.3% of GDP in 2047 — an increase of almost 70% between 2017 and 2047.
- U.S. K-12 students rank around the middle of the pack and behind many advanced nations. In the 2015 Programme for International Student Assessment, a cross-national test, U.S. students placed 38th in math and 24th in science. 2017 NAEP (National Assessment of Educational Progress) test results showed that only 34% of 8th grade students rated at or above "proficient" in mathematics. The Democratic Party has controlled Chicago and its K-12 system since the 1930's, but today only 25% of Chicago Public School 3rd through 8th grade students are ready for the next grade.
- The U.S. workforce must become better educated, particularly in STEM curriculum. As of 2015 only 36% of Americans held a Bachelor's Degree or above. Improvements in educational achievement are important not only because education is strongly correlated with income levels, but also because the U.S. needs to remain the leader of the global economy.
- China's economy, growing about 6% annually, will become larger than the U.S. economy sometime in the next 10 years. Contrary to Republican Party promises and statements, Congressional Budget Office analysis shows that the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act passed earlier this year will boost 2018 GDP by only 1.3 percentage points. Sustained GDP growth is still projected by the CBO to average 3% or less annually, primarily due to the aging of the population. The return to 4-5% growth hyped by Republicans is a pipe dream. An entirely new set of economic and fiscal policies is needed, one which addresses all issues including the national debt, healthcare costs and spending, Social Security funding, budget reforms, adequate defense spending, trade policy and income inequality.
- The Republican and Democratic Parties legislate far too slowly for the 21st C. and only on a partisan basis.
- Why donate to the American Party v. other parties and organizations?
Because the American Party® is the only party focused solely on each of our 328+ million citizens and securing their right to the liberties guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution. This is why our logo features the words "Live Free."
- How do you know that the American Party® will succeed?
Because we are non-ideological and care only about getting results. We will relentlessly seek out and identify only those people, policies and initiatives that will return us to sustainable growth and along with it greater opportunities for our citizens.
Because, unlike the two parties, we will select and nominate only individuals of extremely high quality and ability. We will test them with focus groups, but, having found the right person, see no need to waste donor money on primaries. All of our resources will go to electing candidates in general elections, most likely in U.S. Senate, U.S. House or Governor races initially.
Because we already know, in general terms, how to succeed. We will encourage individual achievement in education and citizenship from everyone, while rearchitecting Government at the Federal, State and Local levels to achieve as well.
- What will we do with your donation?
Your donations will be deposited in our FEC-registered PAC, American Values PAC. In 2018 most of these funds will be spent in contacting and meeting with organizations that are potential supporters, candidates for our Organizing Committee and a few potential large donors.