FUND RISING OBJECTIVE
The main objective for this crowdfunding project is to gather financial aids at the aimed to provide a minimum 100 units of new low-cost houses for remaining homeless flood victim families in the state of Kelantan, Malaysia due to tragic flood disaster that had completely destroyed their homes in December 2014.
Your kind generosity kindles the light of hope for these neglected families to resume back to their normal life and sending back their children to school, after more than 2 years living in a 10m x 10m cramped space tent with no supply of clean water & electricity and also with no proper drainage & sewerage system.
DECEMBER 2014 FLOOD
The December 2014 flood was the most significant and largest recorded flood in the history of Kelantan, Malaysia with record-setting rainfall of 1295mm i.e. equivalent to the amount of rain usually seen in a span of 64 days. It was considered to be a “tsunami-like disaster” in which 200,000 were displaced and killing 21, while approximately 3,000 - 3,500 houses were completely destroyed. The damages cost by the floods in Kelantan cost up to more than USD 50 million.
PROVISION FOR NEW HOUSE FOR FLOOD VICTIMS
As of to-date, around 3,300 new houses have been built to compensate those who have lost their house completely via funding from State Government, Federal Government and a friction from local private & NGO bodies. Sadly however, these schemes didn’t entirely solved the homeless issue as approximately 100 to 200 families were lefted-over and still living in temporary camp and old tent for the past 2 years since December 2014.
This small group of people refers to those previously built their home illegally on a piece of reserve land i.e. riverbank, rail track reserve road and national forest gazette area. Most of them are live under poverty and do not own any piece of land to enable government to sponsor free flood-relief house under their own private land-title. Even there are proposal to grant them a piece of land, it may takes hunting years for approval due to confound process related to land-title re-gazette-ing.
Depending on the total fund gathered, this flood-relief housing scheme in destined to deliver the following:-
- A minimum 100 units of single storey house with the buildup area of 1,000 square feet per unit featuring three bedrooms, a living room, kitchen, bathroom and toilet.
- A minimum 100 plots of private free hold land-title with buildup area of 2,000 square feet per plot at where the house in going to be constructed
- Basic Civil Infrastructure Facilities i.e. access road, fresh water supply system, drainage system, sewerage system, rainwater harvesting system, fire hydrant system
- Basic Electrical Infrastructure Facilities i.e. power supply system, substation, feeder-pillar, lighting system, lightning protection system, earthing protection system and IT Infrastructure System
- To fully comply with Certificate of Completion and Compliance – CCC for house to enable the procurement for insurance coverages against theft, fire and flood
- Procurement of insurance coverages for house against theft, fire and flood
PROJECT COST ESTIMATES