What will you do in 2016 to be involved internationally in affecting the religious conflicts that disturb the peace of the world? What stories will you read, watch, believe and invest in? What difference will you make this month?
My name is Scott Brickert and I’m pitching to you a threefold idea for a trip to France in early 2016 which will impact the world. I’m looking for investors who will see the payback, both temporally and eternally. The trip involves the “Three Rs” of reason, religion and romance; what Paris is all about!
The first project is researching for a screenplay from the life of Blaise Pascal, a 17th century Frenchman who made major discoveries in science and mathematics, and wrote so well in French that he created a new style of writing. It is a David-and-Goliath story of one man, at the risk of his life, attacking the ethics of the vastly influential Jesuit organization in France. The proposal for this script was approved as a capstone project for completing my graduate degree, and the professor described the project as “superb.” The big reason for looking at Pascal’s life is the confluence of his Protestant-like emphasis on grace, his faithful devotion to God in Catholicism, his meticulous examination of physics and mathematics, and his bold challenge to the power structure of his day. Overarching and underlying Pascal's efforts gonged the pain and suffering he endured from physical ailments. His story, vividly portrayed, will challenge and inform today’s struggle for peace and reconciliation between widely differing perspectives.
The second project is a set of short films looking at various Muslim locations and groups around metro Paris. I have a colleague who has been living and working in Paris for over twenty years, particularly among Muslims, and so he has strong connections and insight into their community. He works with NAME (North African Middle Eastern) groups, and knows a lot of people. Our vision is to create:
- four neighborhood tour videos so folks outside France can understand these people and the opportunity and possibilities of working with them. This understanding promotes peace and tolerance, while informing prayer work.
- an orientation video to help groups who are preparing to come to France on short term serving trips. This will maximize their preparation and the results of their work.
- several short pieces that tell people’s stories. There are five to ten people who want to tell how Jesus has worked in their lives. Needless to say, these are courageous people.
Thirdly, there is romance. Paris is about romance. I’m 53 and have never married, but I would like to. There is someone over in France that I met awhile ago, and she's amazing. I’d like to ask her out on a date. She might say “no,” but there’s only one way to find out. The past two times I asked her out, while we were both living in metro Denver, she said “maybe later” so I’m giving it another try, and by this action writing the script of my life.
I began my journey as a filmmaker in 1999 by attending animation school. 2003 saw me purchasing a Canon XL1s and beginning professional work in telling stories with moving pictures. My clients include Western State Colorado University, University of Northern Colorado, billionaire Glenn Dubin, multiple others of smaller stature, and, I have over fifty episodes of The Mystery Travel Show on YouTube (just over 13,000 views to date). Whether small or great, playing to audiences in the tens or thousands, my work effectively communicates. You can see some of my work here.
Can you see the investment potential for these projects?
- Telling the story of Blaise Pascal creates a chance to bring together conflicting views of religion and science, faith and reason. The script will be submitted to Affirm Films, X-Men producer Ralph Winter, and War Room director Alex Kendrick.
- Telling the story of North African and Middle Eastern immigrants, largely Muslim, gives people insight into different cultures and helps us see how to be involved, whether it’s simply knowing their story, or praying for them. These films will be distributed within a network of approximately one thousand people, and versions will be placed on YouTube for availability to a wider audience.
- If she says “yes” you’ll be able to say you helped make it happen!
These three investments will yield both current and future, even eternal, dividends.
I have invested the miles for the round trip flight, and $300, into the project. But you’re the studio, the financial backing, for this film project. Please weigh your options while evaluating the pros and cons.
What other action can you take today that will get you invested in projects like these?
GIVE IT THE GREENLIGHT!
[check the UPDATE tab for more details and the unfolding story of this project.]
[check the REWARDS tab for some small but significant returns on your contribution.]