It may not be realistic to travel all the way to India, however there are some fantastic local ashrams in the UK where spiritual growth and many benefits can be enjoyed. My meditation group members had raised some funds towards purchasing 10 x luxury quilts and 10 x pillows, and are now looking to raise further funds to gift some bedding items such as quilt covers, fitted sheets and pillow cases to the UK Samarpan Meditation Ashram to help towards offering basic facilities to visitors at the ashram. This will enable disciples from across the world to enjoy restful sleep and a comfortable stay when they come to experience spiritual growth and courses at the ashram based in Leicester, UK. Any contributions towards this worthy cause would be welcome. Please click here to contribute - https://gogetfunding.com/empowerandinspire/
One can enjoy amazing benefits from staying at an ashram. Here are some benefits listed:-
1. GET INTO A ROUTINE - The yogic principle of Dinacharya, or daily routine, says that optimal wellness occurs when we follow a set schedule. Most ashrams establish a dinacharya and expect residents to follow it strictly. You have more energy, better digestion and deeper sleep. The only hard part is keeping it up when you get home!
2. TRY A VEGETARIAN DIET - Following the idea of Ahimsa, or non-harming, ashrams only serve food that does not involve harm to animals. Also, many ashrams grow their own produce, so you’re getting the local and organic nutrition at an ashram, together with staff taking great care in preparing healthy, balanced meals that are served onsite.
3. DISCOVER WHAT’S REALLY IMPORTANT TO YOUR PRACTICE - Many Ashrams have a simple dress code, no makeup and simple living. There’s freedom in realizing that your practice is just as great in a basic cotton white kurta pyjama (Indian top and bottom), no phones and having no cares of impressing the world.
4. TRY A CLEANSING TECHNIQUE - An ashram stay is a great time to experiment with the kriyas—the traditional Hatha yoga cleansing techniques, as well as enjoy a basic diet that helps with detoxifying your body. Because Kriyas must be practiced under the guidance of an expert yoga teacher and gurus of most ashrams, you can benefit from expert guidance.
5. ENJOY SELF REFLECTION - A stay in an ashram is an ideal time to get journaling again, enjoy self-reflection and connecting within your inner being. In accordance with the yogic principle of Svadhyaya Yoga, or self-study, some powerful realizations can come up through simply writing down your thoughts in a journal, meditating or enjoying some quiet time.
Any donations towards supporting the UK Samarpan Meditation ashram facilities, food and stay would be welcome. Please click here to contribute - https://gogetfunding.com/empowerandinspire/
CHECK OUT WHY MEDITATION IS IMPORTANT :-