US$4.00raised of $6,500.00 goal goal
No more donations are being accepted at this time. Please contact the campaign owner if you would like to discuss further funding opportunities
My name is Carlito Fuentes, from Cebu, Philippines and I want to save the world through organic farming and agro-tourism starting in our small farm.
Since I was a kid, I have been dreaming of saving the world - end the world strife and end the world's hunger. Over time, I realized that indeed, this is an ongoing problem. However, I also know from the other end of the spectrum that poverty is also caused by the man itself - by not being able to work harder. But hardwork alone can still fail because failing to acquire right knowledge and the right experience will contribute to his failure and stay at the bottom of life.
My vision of saving the world has not expired nor changed. Seeing a lot of people realize their dreams and magnetized others into taking actions make me more inspired and motivated, I too want to follow the pact - impacting a lot of people and making positive contribution to the society.
I have hundreds of ideas that could help in saving world from food and hunger problems but they would remain in me and die with me I am not given the chance to make them a reality.
If you have the same passion and care for the future generation, I ask you to help me take the first step in saving the world. I may be able to do it with my own efforts without any outside help but it may take me a lifetime or so and no one may recognize its impact to the humanity. A few dollars from you will surely make a big impact to my plans and projects.
I, together with my family, am taking the leap in to devoting our lives to this project. We take a leap into making whole life devoted to this project with my family. Here are the things that we like to accomplish (may take a life time but would surely impact the future generation):
- Raising and rearing organic poultry and livestock, as well as fish and other beneficial insects.
- Organic Farming
- Organically grow cash crops using pure animal manure and available local mulches.
- Setup laboratory for plant production research, especially on species found in the locality
- Finding ways to improve productivity and sustainable farming techniques
- Increase the farm production to minimize the cost of these products to the local/international market
- Raising local insects as human and animal feed such as Black Solder Fly Farming, Frog Farming, Cockroach Farming and the like.
- Improve eco-tourism in my place
- create monkey-bridges, zipline, and rides
- create a flower farm
- create vegetable farms where visitors can pick fresh harvest
- Sell exotic animals, plants and insects that are raised in the farm
- create children/kids playground to help increase awareness of farming
- Adopt a family/community program where we are going to adopt a family and guide them through the process to replicate our success.
- Partner with local/international schools and institutions for trainings and new farm technologies
- Trainings and Seminars for locals to improve their knowledge
- Sponsorships and scholarships for those students
- Become a WWOOF (World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms) certified partner
Cash - the Need:
- I am still in the process of buying a new domain called Fox Family Little Farms. I have the hosting for my other projects that I can use for the meantime.
- Currently, I am working on a little piece of land that my parents worked as tenants. I would like to buy this little piece of land from the owner, the price is still to be discussed but think she will be able to sell this for 1100USD.
- I will set-up a laboratory, green house and farm houses. My overall plan is to host a commercially viable permaculture farm which will earn and keep the farm life sustainable.
- Once I have set-up a demo farm and all are set and working, I would like to buy a much bigger lot which my parents again are currently working as tenants. The lot was previously priced at 5000USD. Not sure how much the lot caused now due to depletion.
- I will set-up main farm house (could just renovate our ancestral house) and guest houses for future tourists.
- The rest of the money, I would like to buy farm implements, vehicles and machineries to help me with my work.
Mission and Vision - Our Future:
Our future is uncertain but unless we take the gamble and take faith in the Creator, we cannot do much in our life. We have to have faith that everything is going to be all right and that we can achieve our dreams in time.
My mission is to help people get awareness about finding GOLD in every piece of soil – that every piece of land is very helpful in becoming self-sustainable. To be able to help local families become sustainable with their life, improve local employment and improve tourism in our area. Globally, I would like my research and studies will also impact in saving the world food and hunger problem.
My vision is to see a loving community working hand in hand to achieve a much better goal of sustainable and harmonious community. I see blooming fields of green lushes throughout the world and everyone is healthy and happy.
We will plant 1 ipil-ipil tree per dollar donated
Featured as silver sponsor our website (sponsor's page); we plant 10 ipil-ipil and put your name on it and we will keep it forever.
Featured as silver plus on our website (sponsor's page); we plant 20 ipil-ipil and put your name on it and we will keep it forever.
Featured as gold on our website (sponsor's page); we plant 10 ipil-ipil plus 3 narra trees (our national Tree) and put your name on it and we will keep it forever.
Featured as gold plus on our website (sponsor's page); we plant 20 ipil-ipil plus 3 molave trees (our hardest local grown wood) and put your name on it and we will keep it forever.
We Plant 1 Tree per Dollar DonatedUpdate posted by Carlito Fuentes at 09:25 pm
It seems that our campaign has not been reaching people who willingly share certain amount to help our campaign so we decided to lower the amount required in order to get rewards. For now, in every dollar that you will send to us, we will plant one tree. Help save. . . . .
Please help me get donationsUpdate posted by Carlito Fuentes at 12:09 am
In two days, we have 300 shares from my family members friends and the public but got no donations yet. I have been sending emails to my friends and family members but not got the chance to send donations yet. Please continue your support and keep sharing my dreams and
Donors & Comments
Create a support campaign in seconds!
Support campaigns allow you to get your own fundraising page dedicated to 'Please Help Our Little Farms – We Plant 1 Tree per Dollar Donated'
You'll have your own unique link that you can share, and all funds raised will go directly to 'Please Help Our Little Farms – We Plant 1 Tree per Dollar Donated'. It's the ultimate way to show your support!Create support campaign