A Pencil in the Hand of the Divine
On March 21, 2019, Mary Frances was diagnosed with a common breast cancer. In getting a second opinion from M.D. Anderson it was quickly established that she, in fact, had a very rare type of breast cancer known as Inflammatory Breast Cancer. Only 1%-2% of people are ever diagnosed with this type of breast cancer. This cancer is aggressive, fast spreading and even when caught fairly early has already progressed to at least a stage 3. Hers was diagnosed at a stage 3B. Besides inflammatory cancer, a 4-cm cancer tumor was found in her left breast. Ten lymph nodes under the arm and 6 in her neck were also found cancerous. This is the second form of cancer that can come from the onsite of the Inflammatory Breast Cancer that she was originally diagnosed with.
She has already begun her rigorous treatment plan which includes two different rounds of chemotherapy followed by a double mastectomy, then radiation and eventually reconstruction. She is still in the chemotherapy stage which has its own challenges.
A NOTE FROM A FRIEND
"Let me tell you about a wonderful woman named Mary Frances. She needs our help and you will quickly understand why she is so worthy and deserving of a helping hand.
Mary Frances…..or as most people call her “Mary Fran”…..is a woman like no other. She is a dedicated, single mom and hard worker who has spent her life inspiring, motivating and giving to others. A woman who loves animals, sunrises, sunsets, the water, and the moon. She has a fire for life that influences the best in those around her and she has invested much of herself in being of service to others. She is a go-getter and a GIVER in so many ways. It is no exaggeration when we say that each and every day you will find her sharing her time, talents, sage advice and culinary gifts with others. She has always had a heart that sees the best in humanity and tries her best to fill the needs of others. She does not hesitate to get her hands busy or dirty and comes up with imaginative and creative solutions all the time encouraging hope in the people who have needed it most. Even though her current sickness, her love for others continues to be her focus and you will still find her trying to serve in ways that she can manage despite her illness. Mary Fran encourages those around her to find their own passions and to stay true to their authentic selves. She has helped others to heal and live meaningful, purposeful lives by her example.
No-one has inspired me quite as she does."
Mary Fran is a gifted businesswoman and has been a huge asset to the surrounding communities. Her prestigious work ethics and dedication to success is paramount and has even been written about in periodicals. She has helped companies grow substantially in new and fascinating ways and her attention to detail is bar none. Her passion for the environment and focus on “Green” businesses have inspired many others to follow suit. Her successes led her to take on an executive position with company going through a transition only months before her diagnosis. When the company suddenly took a different direction, she was out of a job. She immediately started getting offers for interviews with other companies. At that time, she found out she had cancer. Out of honesty and respect, she stopped her interviews knowing she would not be able to fulfill a permanent role with the dedication she is always known to provide.
With her chemotherapy schedule and multitude of doctor visits, she is not even able to pick up where she left off with her own business. Her full-time focus MUST be her health at this time.
We are looking to ease the financial burden over the next phase of chemotherapy, surgery, radiation and recovery.
Why she needs our help:
- She owns her own business and is a SOLO entrepreneur and currently cannot work.
- Even though she pays a HEFTY monthly premium for medical insurance ($672 per month), her huge deductibles ($8,000+ out of pocket each year), copays and out of pocket expenses are astronomical.
- Her treatments, surgeries and recovery will be lengthy (going into next year) and having to worry about covering costs is the last thing she needs to be doing.
- Help her come out ahead so she can immediately continue to inspire and help others!
How you can help:
- PRAY - Mary Fran is a deeply spiritual person who utilizes and believes in the power of prayer. She is FEARLESS and claims her VICTORY over cancer. Your prayers multiplied with ours can move mountains!
- Share - Share this fundraiser with others who are prayer warriors and/or who have a giving spirit and would like to donate and pray for her full recovery.
- Donate - Every amount is helpful and no donation is too small.
- Consider donating monthly - Mary Fran has a long journey in front of her and could greatly benefit from your continued support!
In the words of MF herself "Where there's a will, there's a way".