FORBIS Institute is a registered, wholly-owned Ghanaian limited liability company. We are mainly engaged in offering language courses to adult professionals, young senior high school graduates, businesses and corporations. We also offer bilingual professional education, training and development, bilingual business communications consultancy. The Institute was established on the three fundamental principles of integrity, professionalism, and discretion.
Our Core Mission is:
to help achieve the eventual political, economic, social and cultural integration of African States by developing an ethics- and value-based style of leadership through the provision of bilingual professional and cross-cultural education, training and development of the Region’s workforce.
Our long term aim is:
to help create an international civil society in Africa, particularly in West and Central Africa through bilingual cross-cultural educational and professional training programmes. Specifically, the Institute aims to train at least 5000 young leaders and professionals in 7 years, by way of developing their critical thinking and problem-solving skill embedded in work ethics and values, and the ability to adapt to the emerging professional challenges of the socioeconomic, cultural and political integration of Africa in general, and West Africa in particular.
The principal objectives of the FORBIS Institute, Ghana are as to:
- become the most referenced blueprint, choice school in 5 years for bilingual professional education, training and development; and language, communication and cultural consultancy services for both individuals and corporations in the West Africa sub Region
- build and develop the functional bilingual communication skills of 5000 young African leaders and technocrats through inter-professional exchange programmes and cross-cultural communication dialogue series;
- build, develop, and strengthen the functional technical capacities of about 5000 bilingual professionals and businesses in the emerging markets of West and Central Africa;
- promote critical thinking and problem-solving skill among young entrepreneurs;
- develop a common work-related ethics and value system for functional leadership skills among the youth and upcoming leaders;
- promote ECOWAS community citizenship and knowledge acquisition and sharing among the youth;
- help bridge the gap between West African businesses from the Francophone and Anglophone divide by promoting intraregional trade through market research and business development; and
- encourage entrepreneurship among the African youth and promote participatory community development and wealth creation
KEYS TO SUCCESS
To achieve the above objectives and mission, FORBIS Institute relies principally on:
- the combined work experience and expertise of FORBIS, its Directors and Associates who have solid background of extensive international work in Africa, North America, the USA, UK, France and Germany.
- the network of business relationships built and acquired over the past twenty-five years of active service in both private- and public-sector businesses in the West African sub Region.
- functional language courses in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Spanish and Swahili to young senior high school graduates and adult professionals from across the continent;
- the need to build and develop the functional literacy and numeracy skills of young adults from the informal sectors of the African economy through adult literacy and numeracy programmes;
- provision of short-term training programmes and master classes in the areas of international business development & marketing, communication and management of businesses and start-ups in the West African economy that mostly engage in cross-border trade and investment;
- business communications consultancy services to corporations, and residential academic retreat and refresher courses to individual professionals as a way of offering them a recuperative break away from their busy and stressful work environment;
- International professional, volunteer, and placement exchange programmes among businesses across borders as a way of developing professional communication skills and building on cross-cultural and professional integration and;
- support to emerging businesses and entrepreneurs with business development and market research services based on the dynamics and currents of African business within the socio-political, cultural and economic contexts;
PURPOSE OF THIS FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN
The purpose of this campaign is to raise an startup capital of 2,500,000.00 USD of Investment + Equity Loan for full take-off, at 8% fixed for 5 years. The new investment will enable FORBIS Institute to:
- acquire new infrastructure for offices and training, students and staff residential buildings, in order to expand our doors and training space to many more students and clients from West and Central Africa who desire to be taught and trained at FORBIS Institute, Ghana;
- engage in proactive marketing drive in Africa, particularly in West and Central Africa through targeted promotional adverts and increased online drive in order to increase our students intake and our clientele;
- increase personnel and staff size to adequately cater for the students size and increasing clientele
- build the capacity of the teaching, training and management staff thereby improving on quality of service;
- improve the quality of R&D in linguistics, business communication and continuous professional development;