It all started when we noticed that my dad began to lose control on the left part of his body. We thought he experienced stroke and decided to rush him to the hospital. The doctors' findings did not show any signs of stroke upon physical assessment. He was then recommended to have a CT scan in the hope to get better results. The physician found a mass on the right side of my dad's brain and immediately requested for an MRI exam. The result suggested extraction of mass for further testing and to verify if it is malignant or benign.
My dad had his first surgery on April 27, 2017. Thank God as everything went well. We waited for more than a month to get the result of his biopsy. The said result was then handed over to the physician for reading. We were all in awe after hearing from the doctor that we needed to get another referral from a neuro oncologist. This only means he needs a serious treatment and care.
The following day, we went to the referred specialist to know what exactly my dad needed. He advised for my dad to undergo 2 important procedures. First he has to take the 49-day ChemoRT (Oral chemo and radiation therapy). And secondly, he has to undergo a 1-year adjuvant process (Oral chemo). The estimated cost for these procedures including the doctor's fee will roughly take us to a staggering amount of $657 for five consecutive days. We have been trying our very best to seek for help from our local government. We were provided some financial assistance after some time, but we know that it would not be enough to cover all our needed expenses.
Late July of this year, we noticed again the same symptoms we saw from my dad. We were very scared thinking that he might have another mass on his brain unchecked. We went to his neuro surgeon and had him checked. We underwent the very same procedure. His latest MRI result has shown another presence of mass but it got bigger this time; from 2.7cm it became 4.1cm. The doctor recommended for my dad to undergo again another surgery to prolong his survival. We didn't think twice and so we scheduled him for surgery. It was right before his birthday on August 16, 2017 when he underwent the knife.
He's really loved by our creator because the second surgery went very successful.
We are only waiting for his wound to heal to start the recommended chemotherapy. I wish we can do something more to expedite the process but we are financially challenged at the moment as we don't have enough funds and resources to continue this journey. We only have A WEEK left before we can start his treatment and we really need your help to extend my dad's life. He's a public servant in our local government and loved by many. We would want to bring back his strength and smile so he can continue his adventures together with his family.
Thank you in advance for your help and assistance.