Photo: A very common scene in the Syrian city of Idlib: a bombed-out house in a residential area
- This Syrian family of 8, originally from Idlib where they lost everything, wants to move to Canada to start a new life here.
- While they are awaiting registration with the UN we are raising funds for sponsorship to Canada to cover things like food and lodging for the first two years in Canada.
- Three of the children, two girls and a boy, are 17 and under and wish to go back to school and lead a normal life, one where their home will not be destroyed by bombing.
- We are working closely with schools, church groups, and immigration groups here in Winnipeg in order to reach our objective of settling this new family safely into Canada. If you are unable to contribute financially, please consider assisting us by spreading word of this campaign by copying the URL in the top (location) bar and forwarding it to your friends and acquaintances: https://gogetfunding.com/for-a-syrian-family-with-...
- Note to Canadians: If you prefer to make a donation by interac e-transfer and avoid credit card or PayPal fees, a 'Syria Solidarity Fund' has been opened at Assiniboine Credit Union. You can use the email address [email protected] for any bank-to-bank transfers to that account. Direct deposits (cash, cheque, in-person transfers) can also be made at any Assiniboine credit union in the City of Winnipeg. Just mention the Syria Solidarity Fund to your bank teller.