RM1,750.00raised of RM8,500.00 goal
Beloved friends, family and kind strangers, I am organizing and managing this fundraiser for my dearest friend, Shai and her little family. Their kitchen was destroyed by fire and water flooding their apartment from the effort of putting it out. To top it off, they received no help but more pressure from their landlady and management who cares more for the damage property rather than the potential lives lost. They’re stuck in a terrible situation; we are rallying for your help, prayers, and shares that are desperately needed to restore humanity! Below is her sister's account of the fateful event:
We just officially moved into our new rented home when it decided to give us a housewarming gift. I did nothing more than turning the knob on the gas stove to light up the fire to heat our yesterday’s takeout food. The wok was place on the stove, no oil was poured in yet and the leftover grilled chickens remained cold in the plate next to it for days after. The fire ignited bigger than it normally should, so I turned the knob off. Instead of dying, the fire spread onto the second stove even though it was never turned on. Panic hurriedly crept in and take over as the kitchen stove was fully engulfed in flames. I reached for the closest measuring cup and filled it up with water from the sink and throw it onto the flame hoping to kill it. Everything happened so fast and all at once. My sister took a blanket to cover the fire hoping it would smother the flame but by that time the flame already caught onto the kitchen hood and spread upward. There was a lot of smoke, and it was getting heavier as we were all coughing and getting choked up. My sister grabbed my hysterical 3-year-old and evacuated, yelling out for me to come along. Trying to salvage what I could, I was still trying to put out the fire and yelled back to get help. I didn’t even realize when the scrapes from the burning plastic melted on my hand. She ran off reluctantly, still worried for my safety and few minutes later, came back with the security guard and head of management. At that time, I was already drenched in sweat and water as the sprinkler drowned the fire with its pressurized downpour. It took some time for them to shut the water off and it flooded our entire apartment. Our entire belongings which were mostly still packed in boxes and our furniture was soaked in dirty water about 14cm high. It took us almost two days to get all the water drained out and by then our boxes and wood furniture are destroyed and grew moldy.
Everyone is safe, thank goodness, but it will take some monetary help to get them back on their feet because of the fire and all of their damaged belongings, furniture and electrical appliances due to the water flood. They were homeless for half a month after and still dealing with the trauma of the incident. We are hoping to raise money to help lessen the weights off of them as they have been badly mistreated by their landlady and apartment management. Instead of being helpful and understanding of the situation, with 0 compassion they block our friend's access card AND requested them to evict within short notice while withholding their deposits to use for repair even though it's confirm that it's an accident. Instead of each assuming their own responsibilities, they push everything to the victims. To go through legal means would incur extra cost that they couldn't afford. Every share you hit and RM10 you can spare our way is very much appreciated and would go into restoration of their losses, cost of moving whatever they can salvage and deposit for a new home. Thank you in advance and may God bless your generous soul.
- Emma M
No updates for this campaign just yet
Donors & Comments
Create a support campaign in seconds!
Support campaigns allow you to get your own fundraising page dedicated to 'FIRE ACCIDENT'
You'll have your own unique link that you can share, and all funds raised will go directly to 'FIRE ACCIDENT'. It's the ultimate way to show your support!Create support campaign