Financial assistance to cover my husband’s hospital bill

  • ₱77,011
    raised of ₱200,000.00 goal
38% Funded
16 Donors
Raised offline: ₱9,100.00
Total: ₱86,111.00

No more donations are being accepted at this time. Please contact the campaign owner if you would like to discuss further funding opportunities

Show more
Show less

Good day everyone! I'm Diana Juaiting, wife of Billy Juaiting and we are seeking help in funding some of our hospital bill. Unfortunately, my husband was not able to renew his health card and our running bill is currently at php300,000 pesos and we need to stay here in the hospital for the next three days. I'm trying my best to stay strong during this difficult time for him and for our family.

Any amount is greatly appreciated and I will forever be grateful for it.

May God bless each and everyone of you.

Story:

The weekend of November 28th, my husband experienced upper abdominal pains reaching his back. He took the usual meds to ease the pain but it wasn't working. The next day (Nov 29th) he consulted his doctor (Oncologist) over the phone and described the pain that he was experiencing. He was told that it might be gallstones or a problem with his gallbladder. He was asked to get complete blood count (CBC) and ultrasound tests before seeing him on Tuesday (Dec 1st) for a physical checkup.

Come Tuesday, he was able to get those tests done and was confirmed by the doctor that there was infection and bile sludge. Meds were prescribed.

By Thursday night, meds were not helping and we noticed that his eyes and skin were yellowish in color. Signs of Jaundice. So we immediately called his doctor and was told to see him the next day.

Friday morning when he went back to his doctor and was immediately told that he needs to be confined to workout through a series of tests. Signs of jaundice were already an indication that some stones and sands have passed through to his bile duct.

From Friday afternoon at 1:15pm he was confined and series of tests were done until the next day. 4 stones and sands were seen that caused the blockage on his bile duct. The doctors informed us that he will need to undergo the two procedures below on Monday (Dec 7th).

First procedure - ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio-Pancreatography)

- A fiber optic cable goes through from his mouth down to his bile and pancreatic ducts. They will need to clear his bile duct by removing those 4 stones and sand and clean it afterwards.

Second procedure - Open Cholecystectomy with Intraoperative Cholangiogram

- This is to remove his gallbladder.

- Intraoperative Cholangiogram (IOC) - the doctor places a small tube called a catheter into the cystic duct, which drains bile from the gallbladder into the common bile duct.

Saturday afternoon, one of the consultants noticed something alarming on his ultrasound and she ordered another ultrasound on the gallbladder. The result showed that my husband's gallbladder was already ruptured and on critical state and needs to be removed ASAP. Instead of performing the procedures on Monday, they decided to immediately do it on Sunday even though there's a policy that no operations done on a Sunday.

First procedure started 8am on Sunday (Dec 6th) and lasted until 10am. The doctor had a hard time removing the last two stones as they were positioned near the opening of the gallbladder. They might poke something else so they decided to have those two stones removed on the second procedure. They made sure that his bile duct is back to its normal size and was cleaned properly. His recovery was from 10am to 2pm.

Second procedure started 5pm on the same day and lasted until 10pm. His oncologist had difficulties removing his gallbladder due to its severe-looking appearance as it was so inflamed and his intestines were not positioned normally. I was told that it was messy inside. It was complicated. But eventually the operation was successful. The only thing the doctor needs to observe now is my husband having pancreatitis after and pneumonia. As this is normal for patients who undergo these two procedures.

As of today, my husband is on the road to recovery but we need to stay in the hospital for another 3 days to further observe and make sure before we go home that no complications will occur.

Additional details: His Oncologist was the same doctor who did his previous operation last 2015. So he knows my husband's history.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are unable to donate here, you can direct it to one of the following:

PayPal account: https://www.paypal.me/bilzjuaiting

GCASH transfer (only PH): Billy Jay Juaiting - 09369329688

BANK OF THE PHILIPPINE ISLANDS (BPI) account - 3339055164

Name: Billy Jay Juaiting

Address: 51 Lunas Street corner Angelo Street, La Loma, Barangay N.S. Amoranto, Quezon City 1114

Bank code: 010040018

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update (Dec 10th):

My sincere gratitude for all your help. Appreciate all of it.

Last Tuesday night, Billy suddenly had fever and until now he has high temp. According to his doctor he might have post ERCP gallstone pancreatitis. They are still confirming and waiting for the blood culture.

Update (Dec 11th):

When the Doctor suspected that Billy might have pancreatitis because of the fever, he requested a blood test to check for elevated levels of lipase, an enzyme, in the blood.

Doctor said that the normal level of lipase results is less than 40 but 100 is still okay. The results from Billy's lipase results were 1,300 which is very high. It means there's something wrong with his pancreas. It might be inflamed. Doctor also added that this might be severe pancreatitis. So to diagnose further, CT scan is required and he is scheduled later at 6pm, MNL time. Then once results are out then the doctor will give another treatment.

Update (Dec 12th):

CT scan results found two stones in his bile duct. I don't why and I don't know how those stones were there post operation. So yes, another ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography) procedure will be done in the morning at 9:30am. Hopeful that this will be the last procedure.

The ERCP procedure went well. It was done in 1 hour (10am to 11am). Dark stones were taken out so it must have been from the top organ which is the liver. Size of each stone was 0.6cm. And those are bile stones.

For now, since no stones detected. Doctors can now focus on his pancreatitis. It needs to resolve before we can go home. He still has fever but it's just the first day of the new antibiotics given to him so we have to continue and monitor. Hopefully the fever will subside.

Update (Dec 13th - Dec 14th):

Billy is presently feeling better now not like the previous days. His temperature has been consistent below 38 degrees C. His blood pressure is at 120/80 not like before that reaches 160. No more liquid food that goes thru his IV and is now back to soft diet. Praying that this will continue in the next days. Hoping for good times ahead so we can go home.

Update (Dec 15th - Dec 16th):

Billy's fever for the past two days is between higher 37 degrees to 38 degrees C. He was given new sets of antibiotics because the previous ones did not work. His blood pressure is still normal and diet is now on low fat. His always trying to walk around and be mobile to get rid of his fever. His post operation wound has healed and the doctor took out the IOC catheter from the right side of his abdomen. Still no loss of appetite and he is now looking for other low fat food aside from the usual hospital meals. We are still staying positive and praying that his fever will be back to normal so we can continue the meds at home.

Last updates:

Dec 17th - Billy's fever went back to normal and all other vital signs are normal as well.

Dec 18th - IVs were taken off and his meds were all shifted to oral. Another CT scan was performed in the afternoon to make sure all is cleared.

Dec 19th - As per his doctor, all are cleared on the CT scan results except for the pancreatic fluid build up (which is for the pancreatitis) that can be monitored and treated at home with antibiotics for two weeks. He also added that we can finally go home.

We also had our swab tests done (as we requested for it) to make sure we did not get the virus.

Dec 20th - Billy's temp is still normal as well as his other vital signs. We also got the swab test results and we both tested NEGATIVE! Woohoo! Will be going home later this afternoon. Thank God!

We want to thank each and every one of you who helped us during this difficult time. We appreciate all of the assistance and donations given. We are forever grateful for family and friends. May God Bless you all!

Organizer

Donors

  • joey de jesus
  • Donated on Dec 15, 2020
₱2000.00
  • Neil Banek
  • Donated on Dec 14, 2020
  • Hi Diana, we have you, your husband and your family in our thoughts and prayers. I hope this donation helps. NB

Amount Hidden
  • Rahul Vengalat
  • Donated on Dec 14, 2020
Amount Hidden

No updates for this campaign just yet

Donors & Comments

16 donors
  • joey de jesus
  • Donated on Dec 15, 2020
₱2000.00
  • Neil Banek
  • Donated on Dec 14, 2020
  • Hi Diana, we have you, your husband and your family in our thoughts and prayers. I hope this donation helps. NB

Amount Hidden
  • Rahul Vengalat
  • Donated on Dec 14, 2020
Amount Hidden
  • Matthew Parker
  • Donated on Dec 14, 2020
  • All the best to Billy, hope you're feeling much much better really soon!

Amount Hidden
  • Guest
  • Donated on Dec 14, 2020
Amount Hidden
  • Jag
  • Donated on Dec 14, 2020
Amount Hidden
  • Anonymous
  • Donated on Dec 11, 2020
Amount Hidden
  • Anonymous
  • Donated on Dec 11, 2020
Amount Hidden
  • Anonymous
  • Donated on Dec 11, 2020
₱5000.00
  • Shahbaz Ahmad
  • Donated on Dec 09, 2020
  • Billy is in our prayers for speedy full recovery. Stay strong, safe and take care.

₱10000.00
Show more donors

Followers

5 followers
Jian Phen
Shara Yu
Cherry Bautista
Bave dC
Nitin Pandey
₱77,011
raised of ₱200,000.00 goal
38% Funded
16 Donors
Raised offline: ₱9,100.00
Total: ₱86,111.00

No more donations are being accepted at this time. Please contact the campaign owner if you would like to discuss further funding opportunities