Financial Aid for Emerson Abrera with Guillain Barre Syndrome

Update posted by Jason Abrera On May 11, 2019

Hemoglobin is down to 75. Potassium is quite low too. At this time, the first unit of O positive is being infused. Total of 3 bags are to be transfused.

Tracheostomy will be done on Tuesday as the earliest.

We still need financial aid to cover his hospitalization expenses prior to his transfer to a public facility. GBS treatment is really expensive.

We are also asking for your prayers to give us more strength and for him to breathe independently to avoid tracheostomy. Filing of PCSO assistance is in progress but they can only cover a fraction of total bill (as far as i know).

Most people ask us the following questions and here are our answers:

Survival rate or stage - survival is guaranteed as soon as treatment is done for the first 15 days upon onset of symptoms. GBS has low mortality rate.

Cause of GBS - doctors could not identify its cause. Some studies say it is related to Zika virus, some say it is a side effect of anti flu shot regardless if was administered during childhood.

PCSO assistance - since he is confined, pcso can only aid with the hospital bills prior to discharge.

Pulitiko/Gov't officials - election period which prohibits them from giving monetary assistance.

PhilHealth - this is also to be used prior to discharge.

PWD - id was issued earlier today and we are taking advantage of its 20% discount excluding the IVIG vials.

DOH - they have medicine assistance to which they give you a guarantee letter, but you have to source the medicines from the DOH run facilities yourself depending on the availability. Guarantee letter processing time could take a week to be released. Again, ivig dosage has to be in constant infusion.

iVIG vials - being sourced outside the hospital as it is way cheaper.

Transfer to PGH - we are on queue for admission and have been waiting for more than a week. Hospital bills with current hospital has to be paid off too.

Add a Comment

Update posted by Jason Abrera On May 06, 2019

1 remaining IVIG to be infused at around 6PM tonight. That is the last required IVIG dosage. We could not be able to see our brother if without ALL your help and prayers. Emerson was into tears knowing that we are able to raise the amount needed, he is also smiling seeing your photos of support by getting stickers.

Some thought that GBS is an end, but no it is not. Maybe they are thinking about ALS (ice bucket challenge, remember?). Some say that it was due to a flu shot. Whatever it is, we are eager to know and help other gbs patients and their families after our ordeal.

We are to transfer him to PGH, which was not dealt with as it is the IVIG that we are raising funds to pay. IVIG halts the progress of paralysis and fixes the nerves (layman's definition). We are also considering the hospital & professional fees to be paid off prior to transfer.

So we are still raising funds for hospital & professional fees. Feel free to suggest any possible ways to speed up the transfer process by sending pm.

We are working on PCSO to claim for hospital bills.

Most people ask the following questions:

PCSO assistance - since he is confined, pcso can only aid with the hospital bills prior to discharge.

Pulitiko/Gov't officials - election period which prohibits them from giving monetary assistance.

PhilHealth - this is also to be used prior to discharge.

PWD - id was issued earlier today and we are taking advantage of its 20% discount excluding the IVIG vials.

DOH - they have medicine assistance to which they give you a guarantee letter, but you have to source the medicines from the DOH run facilities yourself depending on the availability. Guarantee letter processing time could take a week to be released. Again, ivig dosage has to be in constant infusion.

IVIG vials - being sourced outside the hospital as it is way cheaper.

Transfer to PGH - we are on queue for admission and have been waiting for more than a week. Hospital bills with current hospital has to be paid off too.

Add a Comment

Update posted by Jason Abrera On May 03, 2019

Emerson's 5th day on ventilator. He is concscious. There is no big improvement with his condition at this time, he is still restless and feeling weak. He is still unable to move his limbs, but can feel a little sensation. This condition has been stable since Sunday evening.

According to kuya Jay, Emerson told him earlier "mahal ko kayo.." that is through the alphabet letters that he created to aid with communication. He slept alot today and pooed twice (last night & earlier this morning) which is a good sign as what we were told.

We are hoping that this scenario is the peak of the GBS plateau. Please pray along with us for his speedy recovery and strength for the family.

We are still in need of 1 round (7 shots) of IV Immunoglobulin 5000 mg. -hoping it is the last dose-

If anyone is interested to render even an hour to watch over him for us, will be greatly appreciated too so we can source out medicine/funds, get some sleep. Just let me know, we won't refuse any help at this time.

We beg for assistance for the last shot of IVIG vials. Your help is not just for Emerson, but also for his 3 beautiful daughters. Imagine, a father, rehabilitating from paralysis with his daughters trying to play with him. GBS is treatable. No amount is considered big or small.

Most people ask the following questions:

PCSO assistance - since he is confined, pcso can only aid with the hospital bills prior to discharge.

PhilHealth - this is also to be used prior to discharge.

PWD - id was issued earlier today and we are taking advantage of its 20% discount excluding the IVIG vials.

DOH - they have medicine assistance to which they give you a guarantee letter, but you have to source the medicines from the DOH run facilities yourself depending on the availability. Guarantee letter processing time could take a week to be released.

iVIG vials - being sourced outside the hospital as it is way cheaper.

Transfer to PGH - we are on queue for admission and have been waiting for more than a week. Hospital bills with current hospital has to be paid off too.

Add a Comment

Update posted by Jason Abrera On May 01, 2019

Emerson's 4th day on ventilator. He is concscious. There is no big improvement with his condition at this time, he is still restless and feeling weak. He is still unable to move his limbs, but can feel a little sensation. This condition has been stable since Sunday evening. We are having a hard time recognizing things that he want to tell us due to the tube. He is irritated with his condition and definitely would want to move away from it.

We are hoping that this scenario is the peak of the GBS plateau. Please pray along with us for his speedy recovery and strength for the family. Physical therapy is on its way as soon as he is able to lift a hand, control urine & bowel activities by himself.

We are still in need of 2 rounds (14 shots) of IV Immunoglobulin 5000 mg.

If anyone is interested to render even an hour to watch over him for us, will be greatly appreciated too so we can source out medicine/funds, get some sleep. Just let me know, we won't refuse any help at this time.

Add a Comment

Update posted by Jason Abrera On Apr 30, 2019

Emerson's 3rd day on respirator. He is conscious but sleeps a lot throughout the day. Neuro advised to extend the IV IG session to another 3 days. We do not know where in God's hands this amount can be pulled off, we are just praying his condition will improve while infusing the remaining vials from the 7th session. At this time, we have almost spent more than PHP 600,000 mostly from the help of donors, relatives, and friends.

There's 3 more days for the vials.

Add a Comment

Update posted by Jason Abrera On Apr 28, 2019

We thank you all for sharing whatever you have with our family in this trial, we are now in 6th of 7 days with IV IG infusion. WE NEED FUNDS FOR 7th DAY SO WE CAN PURCHASE THE VIALS. We are asking your kind hearts to please help heal our brother.

Emerson just got intubated this morning to help him breathe. He got pneumonia, so we are restricting any visitors except the family to avoid further complications. We refused to admit him in ICU due to financial constraints. Hospital is asking PHP 50k to minimize the bills and continue other medicines, so we also source outside as of today medicines such as Paracetamol and Myonal.

Add a Comment

photo

Jason, we are praying for you. Have Faith in our Lord Almighty God. Trust in Jesus Christ who is full of LOVE. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Be strong and TRUST IN JESUS!

Cora Tan

Backed with $200.00 On May 17, 2019

photo

Anonymous

Backed On May 03, 2019 Amount Hidden

photo

Anonymous

Backed On May 03, 2019 Amount Hidden

photo

Anonymous

Backed with $35.00 On May 01, 2019

photo

giancarlo perez

Backed with $60.00 On Apr 30, 2019

photo

From the Crew of Riker's Iron, Emerson we wish you a speedy recover and long wellness. We hope what we pooled together will help you in your treatment and look forward to tracking your progress. All the wishes to you and your family. ~ Riker & his Pirate Crew

Riker's Iron

Backed with $125.00 On Apr 29, 2019

photo

Thank you very much to all who donated.

Jason Abrera

Posted On Apr 26, 2019

photo

Anonymous

Backed On Apr 26, 2019 Amount Hidden

photo

Get better!

Glenn Connot

Backed with $200.00 On Apr 25, 2019

photo

Anonymous

Backed with $100.00 On Apr 23, 2019

SHOW MORE COMMENTS
Add a Comment

photo

Jason Abrera

Campaign Owner

flag Manila, ph

send a message

photo

Cora Tan

Following Since May 17, 2019

photo

John Mervin Embate

Following Since May 03, 2019

photo

Jam Lozano

Following Since Apr 25, 2019

Create Support Campaign

Not Ready to Donate?

Did you know a 10 second Facebook share raises an average of $25?

Share on