Did you know?
According to a study in 2013, almost 1 in 3 Fijian’s is now diabetic and within the next 5 years this is projected to increase to 50%. Obesity is a serious issue for island communities due to a lack of public health education in the face of cheap imported high carbohydrate and fatty foods. There is also a huge increase in non-communicable diseases (NCDs) as a result of poor diet, in particular diabetes and heart disease.
I have decided to make a difference and I will be travelling to Fiji for two weeks in October/November to deliver my knowledge and understanding of Nutrition and Dietetics to help those in need. I will participate in the following:
– Conduct individual and group consultations
– Remote island healthcare education
– Corporate health
– Children’s health & education
– Identifying protein deficiency among school kids
– Assisting in the prescription of natural protocols
– Providing educational assistance and local talks
– Helping build nutrition and diabetes awareness campaigns
– Designing fitness and exercise programs
– Village exercise programs
– General healthy living programs.
A huge portion of my trip cost will be going directly back into the program and funding the above areas. I hope you can spare a few $$ to help those who are less fortunate.