We are setting up this crowdfunding page for our dear friend, Chester Dizon, who has been going through a difficult time since his first diagnosis of prostate cancer in 2019 (stage IV).
He had been fighting the deadly disease since with several cycles of chemotherapy. Sadly cancer has metastasis and he'll be requiring more aggressive treatment in order to recover.
- April 2019-Chester, felt pain while urinating CT Scan ,laboratory tests and biopsy confirms prostate cancer stage 4 with bone metastasis.
- He was advised by his urologist to take hormonal treatment medicines.
- He was also advised to consult with an oncologist for treatments, they recommended that he start chemotherapy and surgery.
- June 2019 - Start of chemotherapy, he was taking Docetaxel and Zoledronic.
- After 6 cycles of chemo test results looked positive, his Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) level normalized and was advised that surgery is no longer necessary.
- However, the cancer in his bones remain uncured, he was advised to take a different medicine, Denusomab with Docetaxel for another 3 cycle.
- He also developed a lump in the head and was advised to undergo a PET CT scan. The scan results were not good and was advised to see an onco-radiologist but Chester decided no to go with the radiation treatment due to its risks and negative effects to the body.
- Instead he was advised to continue chemotherapy, and after 9 cycles he was told to replace Docetaxel with Cabozantinib which costs P300, 000 per vial that he needs to get every 3 weeks.
- He'd also developed a pain from his left shoulder since November of 2019.
- January 2020, on their way to Padre Pio church Chester had a seizure and was admitted at MCU, the seizure is caused by the lump on his head that puts pressure to his brain causing it to swell.
- The doctor's recommendation is to remove the lump on his head.
Chetty is a hardworking teacher and a real treasure to his family and friends. He'd been fighting real hard and focusing on the positive side of it all. We are all fighting for his survival and an immediate and practical way is through making a financial contribution towards the medical expenses they have incurred. Our feeling is that a small sacrifice from each of us, when combined, will go a long way to helping them. We would truly appreciate any help that you are able to give.
If Paypal is not the best option for you to transfer the funds, you may also send it directly to his and her sister's BDO accounts.
Account Name:Chester Dizon
Account Name:Veronica Dizon
If you have questions, you can also send us an email to: [email protected]
We thank you all for your help!