Festus joined the Chingola Children's Centre ("CCC") in 2001 which was set up to assist orphaned children of AIDS victims with their schooling and general welfare. From the start he was a model student with excellent school reports. He completed his secondary education in 2010 and was one of the top students of his year in the whole of Zambia.
Festus has now been accepted into the School of Medicine of the University of Zambia, Lusaka having successfully completed his foundation year. He has a further 4 years of full time education ahead of him and he expects to graduate in 2016. His ambition is to become a surgeon and to work in Zambia.
The Government of Zambia is paying 80% of his tuition but he needs sponsorship for the remaining 20% of fees and money for accommodation and other living expenses. Due to the fact that books are not readily available we are now raising money to assist Festus to buy a second hand laptop. All donations are very gratefully recieved and appreciated.