Buklod Kalinga for Community Transformation Team
Here's a quick background about Mangyan (indigenous group) here in the Philippines
- Some of the tribal groups are not recognized/registered as a citizen of the Philippines (which is ironic they are the original citizens)
- They believe that if the baby is born with disabilities their supernatural God is angry with them so he cursed that baby. So in result they will just kill the baby in the process. (In a very tragic ways)
- They don't have birthday or concept of birthday itself.
- They have no access to education.
- They have no access to electricity.
- They get their food in the forest. (so they are just dependent on it)
- They have no concept of hygiene.
- They know how to do basic of farming which they learn from their ancestors, sadly the local business/company abused their ignorance of the pricing and try to buy their products in a very cheap price.
- When this natives try to ride a transportation, they are not welcomed inside, but they are encourage to ride outside the vehicle or the top of the transporation vehicle.
- There are discrimination on their tribal group
This April we will be having another 7 Day Event for them. This will like their Christmas every year.
This organization I joined is been doing this for 18 years now. And they are consistent not only on helping them, but also empowering them.
They are now monitoring this tribal community for a monthly basis now and helping them with food and education. They are really committed and passionate for this community.
Here's the Activities in the 7 Days Event
- Medical Mission (Medical and Dental Help)
- Mass Wedding (they will be granted a marriage contract from the government to enable them to receive benefits from the government)
- Everybody's Birthday for the 800 kids
- Physical Assistance (Food and Health) to 300 families.
- Workers Appreciation (for Mangyan tribes and lowland communities)
Here's the Problem
Feeding 300 Families and 800 Kids Is Not Easy
I know the organization needed much bigger funding for this 7 days event. So I realize maybe we can contribute a portion of this.
So My Target is to Raise $2,000 for them. Everything will be given to the organization.