According to the World Food Program poor nutrition causes nearly half (45%) of deaths in children under five - 3.1 million children each year. 66 million primary school-age children attend classes hungry, with 23 million in Africa alone.
Our aim is to provide a consistent supply of nourishing food to the world’s most needy children; on a MONTHLY basis. Our Meal donations are generally distributed through school programs because parents living in poverty will often send their children to school for a free meal, rather than keep them home to work.
Our Meals DIFFER GREATLY from most humanitarian food aid programs, which consist mainly of grains. Our Meals include KEY NUTRIENTS which is formulated for malnourished children and provides:
- A balance of carbohydrates, protein, fat, and fiber
- Essential fatty acids required for normal brain development, skin health, and immune defense
- Electrolytes necessary for maintaining normal fluid balance and muscle function
- 25 essential vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A for normal sight and immune functions
- Nutrients for normal growth and skeletal development.
Please help us by donating. You are welcome to contact me if you would like to get involved.