Both of my parents come from very humble families with almost no education. When they had their first children, they decide to create their own business: a furniture shop. It was not easy (in a third world country like Costa Rica, it never is); my father created the furniture by himself and my mother helped sewing fabrics while raising me and my sister.
They barely earned enough to live at the beginning, but after 19 years of hard work and sacrifices, my parent’s business grew and they were able to build their own workshop. 20 employees work hard every day to create the furniture that our business sells.
On Saturday, September 1st, that workshop was destroyed by the fire due to an unfortunate accident with a welding machine. By the time firefighters arrived, almost everything had been lost. The sewing machines, foams, desks, finished furniture to sell, computers, printers, fabrics… everything was melted or broken.
Hopefully, no one was seriously injured, but all workshop’s employees are now with no job to help their families. Thus, my parents don’t know how to approach this tragedy, since we still have a debt with the bank and providers to pay. We estimate that our loses are around $40 000. Every contribution to help this business and all the families involved would be really appreciated.