Purpose: The purpose of the fundraiser is to start a business which main purpose is to promote exercise as medicine. Using the Exercise is Medicine Action Guide, exercise and physical activity, in the correct “dosage” will be prescribed for healthy persons and individuals with various chronic health issues.
Initial encounter: can be conducted in a clinical environment or fitness center/gym. To design the ideal exercise routine and diet program the initial encounter will include:
- Health and exercise history,
- Anthropomorphic (BMI, WHR) measurements,
- Weight/fat analysis using ultrasound with BodyMetrix by IntelaMetrix,
- Range-of-motion evaluation,
- Resting energy expenditure and/or aerobic capacity (maximum) with a Vista-MX2 Metabolic Measurement System
- Muscle strength and muscular endurance (performed at fitness center/gym).
Subsequent encounters: The benefits of exercise will be reinforced. Body measurements, weight/fat analysis, resting energy expenditure and/or aerobic capacity will be reassessed in order to adjust the exercise prescription and caloric intake (diet).
For individuals who do not belong to a fitness center/gym and/or prefer a home workout program, exercises will be selected and sent via phone or email. These exercises and stretches will be demonstrated by a person, (not in the form of photos/pictures) with instructions on frequency, weight, repetitions and sets.
The ultimate goal is to create a mindset of preventative instead of curative medicine for healthy individuals and improve quality of life for those with health issues.
Donations will be used to purchase: a computer, Bodymetrix Ultrasound System, Vista MX2 Metabolic Measurement Sysem, DietMasterPro Software System, Inclinometer, and heart monitors.