Washington Printmakers Gallery thinks it's important to recognize the emerging artists who dedicate themselves to printmaking. No, these young artists aren't studying to become copy-machine mechanics or work at Kinkos (both useful professions but oft-heard mistakes)--they make beautiful original works of art that deserve some attention!
Following the success of our first two regional Excellence in Printmaking exhibitions, WPG has decided to open this juried exhibition to printmaking students nation-wide! With that larger draw comes larger expenses--a net must be cast further (via hard-copy mailings and online listing of a prospectus) to catch the best candidates, show invitations must be mailed to a larger list, and we'll need more wine for a larger opening reception! Before, we funded all of Excellence in Printmaking exhibition activities through the entry fees collected from students. But, if there's one entity that faces harder financial times than an arts non-profit, it's an art student. We don't want to jack up our entry fees, and that's where you come in--if we get our full funding ALL entry fees that have been submitted to that point will be refunded and we'll reduce any further entry fees to $0!!!
Want to know where your money goes? Here's the break-down:
- Call for Entry listings (otherwise we'll get no entries!), both online and print sources - $354
- 200 print-outs of the Call for Entry prospectus - $44
- Mailing of the hard-copy prospectus to various printmaking departments across the country - $37
- 500 Exhibition Postcards - $79
- Postage for 300 Postcards - $96
- Show signage in gallery - $40
- Reception expenses (food, drink, etc) - $50
- Juror's honorarium (payment for their time) - $250
- Prizes-Second and 3rd place prizes, (The $500 first prize is donated by Washington Print Club, YAY!) - $225
- Processing fee for a successful project - $70
GRAND TOTAL: $1245