I'm Reena,age 27 with 2 kids. I have been living with a mass inside my left knee muscle since 2018 and it's getting worst lately. As a busy mom i don't have the right time to go to a GH medical centre,so i have to go for a Private Hospital. Because i'm working as a part time cleaner and nanny,and i get paid hourly,and i always rushing for work,pick up daughter from kindergarten in the afternoon,and pick up my son from school in the evening.And during weekend i work as a babysitter/nanny. I'm aware that Private Hospital bills will costs a lot of money for every visits,but in terms of time for getting treatment and solutions for treatment,it really save a lot of time and using far more advance tools/machine too.It's like 4times fast and accurate than going to a GH medical centre.
- It started on december 2017 ,I always get a knee pain if overworked or walk too much,but the pain comes and goes,So i thought that it is just because of strain/normal muscle pain because of doing a lot of heavy work.
- After a few months,the pain never goes and i go to general clinic,doctor gave me painkiller medicine but it won't work for a long period.the pain it'll only goes for few days and the pain comes again and keep on getting more hurt.. and then doctor gave me different type of pain killer but it'll only work for few days.. it's just the same like before, and even if i change to different medicine,nothing lasts longer than a week,it'll no longer work for my pain.
- So i go to private hospital, for first visits doctor told me to get a blood tests and X-ray scan. And the result turn out normal. So doctor told me that my knee is okay so he gave me another pain killer pill again.
- After few months,i started to noticed that there's a bump/mass inside my knee it is exactly at the pain area. So i go to private hospital again and this time the doctor scan my knee using CT scan, And the doctor told me that there is a mass and it is inside knee muscle part,that explain the pain and why X-ray could not spotted it. It is an unknown mass and surely not liquid type of mass.
- Doctor told me that i have to get an MRI scan before he can proceed with whatever steps required. I do have a prudential medical card,but the bad news is,it won't cover for normal treatment or any test/procedure to confirm health/medical problem. It'll only cover for ward/critical illness,and surgery. For anything other than that,the costs must be paid by patient first,and only can be claimed after discharged from ward or if any surgery performed. For MRI scan it cost RM2000. I could not afford it with my salary and living expenses with 2kids.
- So i have been ignoring the constant stabbing pain since 2018 untill now. And since January 2019,it keep gets worse sometime i even had to cancel my job on doing house cleaning when the pain is so bad even walking is hard for me.sometimes can't even move my leg for few hours.
- I ask the Doctor if there's any cheaper option,but he told me that he could not proceed with anything without MRI result because the mass is inside the muscle and it is very hard to tell what is the mass and type of mass. Because it's not liquid so MRI scan is a must for now before able to proceed with treatment or surgical removal.
I really need help on getting this MRI scan because i need to know what is this mass so i can get a surgical removal and end this pain.it has been affecting my daily life so badly. With a 9year old son and a 5year old daughter,it will be a problem if this affect my job because my salary depends on my hourly rate job and i can afford to cover living expenses if i do lesser and lesser job because of this stabbing pain on my left knee..