€1,360.00Donated So Far
Managed to run the marathon in 3:51:45!! Which was under my target of 4 hours. Am in a lot of pain currently and still struggling to walk, but it was all worth it to see how much money has been raised for a great cause. Thanks so much to everyone who donated or supported in some way.
I never thought I'd find myself in this position of training to run a marathon. It all started with being inspired by friends completing one. Then after a few beers and some peer pressure, before I knew it I'd agreed to run the Paris marathon. Thankfully I will not be alone, my trusted friend and running consigliere Jack was also caught up in this hysteria and will be joining me to suffer on the mean streets of Paris.
The training has most certainly not been enjoyable, not made easier by catching Covid, the Flu and getting a knee injury all in the 2 months prior to the race. So it's clear that this run won't be a walk in the parc (des princes).
Of course there are bigger issues at play besides me fulfilling this personal goal. As we are all well aware, there is widespread devastation and destruction being seen across Ukraine, with a massive humanitarian impact on it's people. Therefore I would like to dedicate my run to the Red Cross Support of the Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis, see below a few examples of the impactful ways they are helping so far:
- Distributed more than 90,000 food and hygiene parcels to families on the move across Ukraine.
- Provided first aid training to more than 12,000 people in metro stations and bomb shelters.
- Delivered more than 32 tons of food, blankets, medicine, medical supplies, trauma kits and household items.
- Assisted with the evacuation of people with disabilities.
- Distributed critical care items to over 7,000 people seeking safety from shelling in bomb shelters.
- For more details, please check out their website: https://www.redcross.org/about-us/news-and-events/...
My employer (Kraft Heinz), has very kindly offered to match all donations, so for every Euro you donate, they will contribute another. Any donation, big or small, would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your support and wish me luck!!
P.S. If you want to donate via iDEAL, click on PayPal first and you will be redirected
- Eoin ONeill
Marathon completed!!Update posted by Eoin ONeill at 03:36 pm
Managed to run the marathon in 3:51:45!! Which was under my target of 4 hours. Am in a lot of pain currently, and still struggling to walk but it was all worth it to see how much money has been raised for a great cause. Thanks so much to everyone