This project's final financial date is the 1st of November, please support us by then!
We are 7 volunteers associated with various charities in Wales, specifically the YMCA and previous history with Oxfam, British Heart Foundation and School's Shakespeare Society. We have received enough funding to cover the cost of accomodation, food, insurance and most of our travel arrangements.
We finally need to fundraise £150 per person (thus the £1050 target) to finish paying for our travel arrangements before we can go abroad to volunteer.
Our projects will be seperate, and in various countries, some examples highlighted below:
- - Agricultural and Environmental work volunteering on a farm in Estonia.
- - Environmental and Rejuvination work restoring an outdoor educational facility in France.
- - Rejuvinational and Cultural work renovate and clean an archeological site in Greece.
- - Renovoation work preserving the ruins of an eroded chapel in France.
- - Rejuvinational work using traditional methods to restore a repair a church in France.
- - Environmental work leading an educational workshop in Spain.
In each project we will work with a group (average 12 people) from other countries to explore and share each others culture whilst we work. The projects will involve each countries' representative(s) feeling alone in a new country and adapting to the new experiences with a group of volunteers we've never met before. The experience will seem scary at first, but we intend on making good friends, learning new languages and traditions on the way.
Once we arrive in our respective countries, we will work for between 2-6 weeks depending on which project we are on. All of our work is voluntary and not possible without the funding from Government, Public and Private sponsors. We really hope to raise our last £1050 in order to complete this project.
We will all make efforts to record the adventures in our own ways. This includes photographing everything, making video blogs, and updating a website with daily notes. When back in Wales, we will prepare a report to thank our sponsors and explain our stories, and intend to lead/participate in workshops with other previous, current and potential volunteers in hope it can share the stories of the culture exchanges we've been a part of.