'Do everything you possibly can for those who need help. If your neighbor needs something you have, don’t say, “Come back tomorrow.” Give it to him immediately.' (Proverbs 3:27-28)
Who am I?
I am a 1st year Medical Student studying at the University of Sheffield and a Christian who really wants to make a difference to others and this is my first time going on a mission trip of such a large scale. I'm looking to discover the needs of the world up close, making it personal and to help in any ways that I can. I do believe that I will be able to make a positive impact to some of the lives of the refugees of Syria. Thus, I have decided to give up a part of my summer holidays to attempt to meet the growing need for foreign aid for them.
9th June - 22nd June
A team assembled with people predominantly from my local church who love the Lord and want to engage this crisis. We are just ordinary people who have volunteered under the Antioch Movement, one of the many aid agencies addressing the surging numbers of migrants escaping war.
Engage The Crisis, a relief effort of the Antioch Movement, was created to meet the needs of the large number of refugees currently entering Europe. My goals are to:
1) Meet the immediate needs of the people of our location.
2) Extend help where necessary.
3) Demonstrate love through acts of service.
What can you do?
1) Pray - My team and I would really appreciate prayer as it is the first trip of this sort for many of us and though we would be closely supervised, much wisdom and grace is also needed.
2) Give - This trip is self funded and thus I am appealing to close friends and family to sponsor me on this trip. I am currently finding various ways to raise fund from where I am but I would appreciate any donation amount.
Please note: If you would like to donate through this website, please note that 4% of that donation will go to the site directly.
How much do I need?
The base cost for this is £1000 for this 14 day trip- this amount of money will cover:
- All meals
- All lodging
- All transport
- 1 activity planned
This is the official website of the organisers.
Feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions and I will try my best to answer you promptly!
Any donations (whatever the amount) will be greatly encouraging! Thank you!