In one of the poorest regions of southern Romania, a lady with a huge heart setup one of the largest animal shelters in this country.
Over 500 dogs and several other animals are cared for at this shelter. You can see many pictures of them and find out many details here: https://mariuta.ro/
Or you can visit them on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/asociatia.mariut
The location has no electrical grid access and as a result, they spend in excess of 2200 EUR/year on gas in order to run a generator for light at night and various electricity needs during the day.
For just 3000 EUR we will purchase a complete solar array, including batteries, to cover over 90% of their electricity needs. All the money goes towards the equipment, with my company providing the labor for free.
The company that is installing the array is "EcoElectrom Energy SRL" - http://ecoelectric.ro/
By funding this campaign you will solve 3 huge problems!
1. Save the animal shelter 2200 EUR per year, to be used for food and medicine for the animals.
2. Provide almost complete energy independence for the animal shelter, without noise of exhaust smells.
3. Save 1500 liters of gas(petrol) from being burned each year, making sure that 972 kg of CO2 don't get produced!
The full specs of the solar array:
- 6 solar panels totaling 1800 Wp
- A 3000VA (2400W) - 48V Charger/Inverter.
- 10 kWh storage capacity in various AGM batteries donated by a local supplier.
- All associated controllers, comm modules, railings and auxiliary equipment.
- LED Spotlights with motion sensors.
Any amount of money above the actual cost (invoice to be presented here and on Facebook) of the equipment will be donated directly to the shelter for their day to day needs.