US$1.00raised of $3,000.00 goal goal
No more donations are being accepted at this time. Please contact the campaign owner if you would like to discuss further funding opportunities
- 42% of girls in Zambia are married before the age of 18, This might look like a small percentage but, if we consider these young girls as our future generation then what will become of our future? If we marry them off while they are still young.
- Zambia has been ranked 16th in the world as a country with the highest rate of child marriage. Child marriage is usually associated with high levels of poverty; hence in Zambia it is seen as a rural phenomenon, They usually say poverty leads many parents to withdraw their daughters' from school and offer them for marriage to older men. Which, I believe if given other opportunities or if given other options to provide for themselves they can definitely abandon this practice.
- Thus,my aim is to create opportunities for young people who are victims of early marriages and also to empower women from marginalized areas and are living below the poverty line. My main area of interest is raising the level of awareness among these women and communities about the dangers of early marriages and also to create employment opportunities for the women who are already victims. This will be done through different workshops and different posts on different social medias. We will equip young women who are victims of early marriages with entrepreneurial skills in various agricultural activities; among the many projects that will be developed with these women is a chicken project centre, The chicken project centre will be divided into two units of production; The first one will be the broiler chicken production aimed at selling chicken meat to the nearby towns with ready markets and the second unit will be the layers which is basically for egg production supplying a cheap good source of protein to the community. This will enable us raise enough money which will be used for empowering the victims, The main target for this particular project is aimed at empowering women and reducing the levels of poverty. The women who will participate in this project are the victims and also young mothers.
- The other area will focuss on will be the sewing of African dresses and selling them to the nearby markets as a way of raising money to create business opportunities for these young women to starting their own businesses.
- I therefore, urge everyone to help the dreams of some of these young comunity girls come true, which is getting educated but they can´t because of lack of money.
No updates for this campaign just yet